Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brabus

Poll; your favourite winter sports

What kind of winter sports do you do?  

1. 1. What kind of winter sports do you do?

• Ski
    • Snowboard
    • Ski and Snowboard
    • Neither, but would like to start
    • Snowmobile-looning around
    • Ice racing à la Andros Trophy

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 posts in this topic

In order for us to cater to your "needs" (oo-er missus) it might be interesting to do a quick poll;

Skiing and Snowboarding seem to be neck-and-neck at the moment...keep voting!

beerchug.gif

Always been a skier but did a couple of days on a board over New Year.

Off to Utah for 2 or 3 weeks in a month so I reckon I'll do ½ / ½ of each there depending on how deep the powder is grin.gif

Foggy,

Have you come out here yet (I live in Utah)? Where are you going to ski? You picked a great year, you should have a blast!

-Brad 123576-assfeck.gif

Came out to SLC on the 19th, got back to LHR this morning at 05:55 and then straight into work frown.gif Got an extra day on the mountain that way. grin.gif

I spent most of my time on Powder Mountain, a fair way North of you. You are right about the snow, they have had over 400" this year, the base is currently 126" and there was constantly new powder to be cut up. On Saturday I did a bit of a hike to get acces to part of the mountain that isn't serviced by lifts and ended up walking nuts deep in powder grin.gif

I spent the odd day at Snowbasin but I had bought a season pass for PM so it made sense to stay there.

Having said that Snowbasin is an awesome resort and the lodges have to be seen to believed. I went in there thinking 'I can't walk on a carpet like this in ski boots', and what is the story with the massive Ruby and Emerald chandeliers, suppose an oil magnet has got to spend his money somehow.

There is the trade off to be made though.

PM is just sooo quiet that even if there isn't new snow you can still find untracked stuff even after a few days but the lifts are shocking.

Snowbasin has the lifts and the vertical, but hence gets more people ( nothing like €uropean resorts however ) so the fresh powder is cut up in no time.

Didn't get down to the likes of Deer Valley, Park City, The Canyons etc, too far away and too expensive but the last time I came over I went to Snowbird, which was OK but I didn't like how you pretty much only had a couple of routes to get back down so things got all cut up

Sounds like you had a blast, that's great. It's always good to have people from other places ski here. You're right Powder mountain is great, and good "bang for the buck" if you know what I mean. One of my favorite places to ski/snowboard is Solitude, mostly because it lives up to its name so well. Anyway, when you come out again, let me know and maybe we could ski together. But for now, its back to the daily grind...

Best,

-Brad beerchug.gif