Boilers

Muppetboy

Fecking boilers. I need a new one... got a quote from British Gas, £3,000... Npower £2,800... apparently indies will be £500 or so less.

What pisses me off is that the boiler is only about £800, the rest is on installing it... OK maybe it isn't an easy job but it is, after all, only one day of labour! Oh and that does include scoffolding at £500 for 20 minutes! What's wrong with a ladder, it's only the 1st floor :eek:

Should have been a fecking plumber :(

Fecking boilers. I need a new one... got a quote from British Gas, £3,000... Npower £2,800... apparently indies will be £500 or so less.

What pisses me off is that the boiler is only about £800, the rest is on installing it... OK maybe it isn't an easy job but it is, after all, only one day of labour! Oh and that does include scoffolding at £500 for 20 minutes! What's wrong with a ladder, it's only the 1st floor :eek:

Should have been a fecking plumber :(

Who told you you need a new boiler? Was it BG? (that's part of the reason they might strike).

Who told you you need a new boiler? Was it BG? (that's part of the reason they might strike).

It's leaking and the case has started to corrode... :( BG maintenance wont even cover it...

Sponge- The guy from Npower put me in contact with an indie, he quoted 500 less (perhaps because he knew what Npower had quoted? :P)

I need to get a few good indies in to quote, trying to find companies with good feedback on checkatrade.com

If anyone knows a good boiler installer in SW London, let me know +++

It's leaking and the case has started to corrode... :( BG maintenance wont even cover it...

Sponge- The guy from Npower put me in contact with an indie, he quoted 500 less (perhaps because he knew what Npower had quoted? :P)

I need to get a few good indies in to quote, trying to find companies with good feedback on checkatrade.com

If anyone knows a good boiler installer in SW London, let me know +++

Sounds like a nice little arrangement they have there. :beer:

How olds your boiler?, you may qualify for the government scrappag scheme and a £400 cash back voucher if it's an olden. Done a few at work for our landlords, only limited amount of vouchers available so won't be around for much longer. Good thing about it is you can use any installer, so the cheaper deal you find the better!

And don't touch BG or any of the utiltiy providers to install a boiler, your get proper shafted on price if you do! :o

Make sure that whoever you get to do the job fits a Worcester Bosch. Not much dearer than other brands but so much more reliable than other "top" manufacturers like Viessmann.

all boilers fail. best bet is to buy one knowing that the spare parts are reasonably priced/accessible to local plumbers.

i thought vaillant was supposedly the best, but had same thing fail on that as every other boiler - the diverter valve. easy fix, but i think brand makes naff all difference to longevity.