Parking Question

collease

I need some help with a bit of a parking issue i could be about to have.

I currently park on the path but in such a way that i do not block the actual pathway. (I have attached the bad drawing of it)

Other cars have been told not to park on the path at all but i never got a letter or message so am hedging my bets as to weather i will be fined for doing this. Any help muchly appreciated.+++

post-9849-137914445708_thumb.jpg

Edited by collease

If i did get a fine would i be able to argue that i am not blocking the path in anyway? I mean i am using the drop curb on the corner to go up the path to get to and from the space. I do not bump down the curb so am not causing damage to that or the road. Because of where the trees are noone would walk through where i park so its a bit of an odd one.

It is private land as far as i know as there is a few fire exets near by. No i don't bloke or park near them.

As said, it depends who owns the land, if it's private, your ok, so long as there are no signs stating you cannot park there, or you'll get clamped etc.

Crossing the footpath shouldn't be a problem so long as your not seen doing it by police, but I doubt they'd take any interest if they did see you doing it anyway.

Locally, the council have been putting up bollards to stop people doing exactly that, since they introduced the pay to park stuff, people drive across the footpath to park on private land.

When you say you're using a dropped kerb, is it one of those corner kerbs for pedestrians? I think one issue is going to be, regardless of whether or not the actual parking space is legal, the fact that you're crossing a pavement to get to the parking spot. If you cause any damage the Council can make you cover the cost of repairs. It would be different if it were a dropped kerb specifically for vehicular access to a driveway.

Edited by Sponge