Bloke's boat

Sven

After all the fancy Tupperware, I figure it's time for a regular bloke's boat. grin.gif

Meet my toy of joy:

121550-Tug%201.jpg

Length: 8,30 m

Beam: 2,49 m

Draft: 0,70 m

Material: Aluminium

Weight: 4.700 kg

Engine: Deutz V10

Power: 250 HP

Fuel: Diesel

Fuel capacity: 245 l

Dual Ø 90 cm Schottel propellors (turn 360°), aft is trimmable for use in shallow waters etc. (can be lifted till propellors are 80% above water level).

Ex Army (engineers) Tug, powerful enough to push a freighter - or pull some chicks when cruising the canals. grin.gif

post-2215-137914261572_thumb.jpg

For several reasons it's limited to 25kmh now (original settings), but I know of a similar one doing 60. But the propellors are set on power on mine, not speed.

Anyway, speed is pretty useless out here. There are only a few designated 'tracks' for waterskiing and such. I use it for the canals and harbour etc.

As for knocking things over... let's say folks tend to give me the right of way... grin.gif

No, not really, although I know some folks who use it for longer trips. I might be able to do a deal with a larger Tug tho, which has accomodation. sekret.gif

It's a bit of a hobby, I've had all sorts of boats, up to a 45 meter converted freigter (200 sqm living space!). This is just for a bit of fun, and ideal for Amsterdam canals.

Well, you should see the faces of those Rolex boys on their yachts when you get to go first in all the locks, cause it's a professional ship... grin.gif

Also you get to see the difference between let's say a cutter and a pleasure yacht when you get a bit of wind. Esp. funny whilst waiting for a bridge, they are all over the place with bow and stern props screaming like crazy, while the professional ships just stay where they're supposed to stay. grin.gif

Not all of the yachts are like that, but most are all about what's above the waterline, and not what's below. NONO3.GIF