Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DHA

GTI will be gone in about 8 weeks

33 posts in this topic

After over 3 1/2 years I will be moving on from the GTI. To put this into perspective I used to change cars every 12 months but have kept the golf for this long, it must be a pretty decent car to do so.

As an all rounder on UK roads it has been great, excellent ride and nice torquey engine. Yes it is not the fastest car in the world but it is fast enough for M25 bashing and euro jaunts. I have done just over 54,000 miles in it and have had no problems at all.

I will be sad to see it go and had intended to keep it till the end of the year but the chance to change came up and once I had decided I realised it was the time to do it. But I will still miss the GTI, it's been a great car. Well done VW +++

:oneseries: 135i with pretty much every box bar leather/heated/electric seats ticked :grin:

I really like the 135i. Out of interest, why not the luxury of heated leather?

Two reasons, have not missed it on the cloth buckets in the golf and secondly the leather in the BMW is not that soft, it's quite an abrasive finish compared to leather from other manufacturers and I didn't want to spend £1000 on it.

:grin: that means you can get the BMW Performance steering wheel ;)

Already got my eye on it ;) two choices now though. All alcantara or the alcantara with the electronic info bit. Not sure which to go for.

Already got my eye on it ;) two choices now though. All alcantara or the alcantara with the electronic info bit. Not sure which to go for.

Info bit looks cool.

Info bit looks cool.

it does but i think looks a little fussy. nothing feels better than all alcantara too. Id go for that.

Great choise Dave. Are there deals to be done on new ones. Been keeping my eye on the used market very closely!

I have the DCT box in it so not sure I need the rev counter as much as I would in a manual? The second non-info version of the wheel is very similar to the one in your GT3RS Wopps, tempting as well. Just waiting for prices back from the dealer.

I got 10% off the car, incl options, and low rate of finance over 4 years so all in all a good deal. BMW are "incetivising" sales so there is definitely room to play. Issue is finding a decent dealer, I had to try two before I found one who actually wanted to sell a car to me.......

:grin: that means you can get the BMW Performance steering wheel ;)

Prices are in

Option 1 is this

image.do?imageId=7099924&imageVersion=1

costs £473 + vat fitted

Option 2 is this

image.do?imageId=7097963&imageVersion=1

costs £884 + vat fitted :eek:

I think I'd go with option 1, option 2 is just a bit too fussy for me.

However, I'd probably always wish I'd bought option 2.

here is what the second one will do

Ignore the "soundtrack"

I've really warmed to the :oneseries: , just avoid the runflats, I'm sure it will be a cracking drive.

I've got a great contact at a BMW main dealer dahn sahf if you want to haggle some more, just PM me and I'll fill you in +++

Problem is you can't get non-runflats (well a brand you have heard of) for the front tyres in the 135. So will have to stick with them.

here is what the second one will do

Ignore the "soundtrack"

I think the lights/display would get pretty tiresome to be honest. IMHO option one looks much better +++

Thats the thing, I don't think you can turn the rev counter bit off. At night it would probably get on my tits.

And with option 1 I can pretend I am woppum driving a GT3RS!

Considering how fast GTi's are, and the concept of time stretch in relation to speed, do your cars age less? So you could sell a 2006 as a 2008 car for example?

Are you looking at the Coupe or the hatch model. Coupe does look very smart; particularly suited to white me thinks.

Like the idea of the option 2 steering wheel but would probably have to stick some black insulation tape over it after a while for night driving.

Option 1 for me then :)

Sounds like a decent replacement for the GTI +++

I'd crash into a wall with that steering wheel. Probably by the end of the road.

Lights. Shiney. Stare. Crash. Owwww.

Are you looking at the Coupe or the hatch model. Coupe does look very smart; particularly suited to white me thinks.

Like the idea of the option 2 steering wheel but would probably have to stick some black insulation tape over it after a while for night driving.

Option 1 for me then :)

Sounds like a decent replacement for the GTI +++

135 only comes as coupe. I love the look of it, not so great for getting the dogs in but I will worry about that another time :roflmao: have gone for blue. Didn't want two white cars in a row