Hill Hold

Rear Parking sensors

Tyre pressure monitor

19" Titanium alloys

Black Optics

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

A couple of updates from me:

Popped in to see Revo on the way back from Goodwood on Monday to get the car logged and have the remap settings optimised. The original remap settings were conservative, so was looking forward to see what the optimised map delivers.

So, a few runs out in the car to log what the car was up to and all was good, the map was tweaked to the following settings:

Perf A: B = 7 | T = 4 | F = 5 (optimised for performance but suitable for day to day running - enough safety net for hot conditions and track days)

Perf B: B = 6 | T = 3 | F = 5 (optimised for lower octane fuels such as in Europe)

Perf C: I opted for the valet mode so all setting capped to 0 meaning the car runs to 3k rpm and then hits a limiter. Thought it may be useful

Anyway, having the map tweaked to my car has definitely helped. Certainly feels more urgent again so very happy with that.

The plan was then to head up to Awesome and stick it on the rollers for a Stage 1 comparison.... only time had got the better of me... sat nav was telling me I'd arrive at 5:15pm but after giving Sarah a quick call it wasn't going to happen. Shame really as the car is getting the Milltek system and Stage 2 software this Friday

Anyways, another big thanks to Revo for giving up there time and helping me out

and then 5 days later..... ;)

As most of you know Milltek were fitting the Race system to the car today.

I was greeted by Kev, their exhaust system developer, who proceeded to talk me through the job in hand and then talk a little about what he developed with the system. Top bloke as it turns out and put me straight at ease, as this is Milltek's only running Race system right now :o

Anyway, I got a quick vid of the car with the stock system on as a comparison and it was then up on the ramp for some quick pic's of the standard system in place.

The OEM system consists of:

DP containing the first primary Cat - this branches off in two

2 x Secondary cats

2 x small silencers

Back box

And here it is.... quite a fussy piece of kit really with quite a lot of restriction particularly in the elbow of the DP and through all the kinks and turns of the dual pipe system.

IMG_0335.jpg

IMG_0330.jpg

IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

IMG_0333.jpg

Before getting the new Milltek system fitted I managed to get some side by side shots which really illustrates the differences between the two systems:

IMG_0352.jpg

IMG_0347.jpg

IMG_0351.jpg

IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_0348.jpg

The new Milltek Race set up consists of:

4" Down Pipe (with no Cat)

100 Cell Sport Cat

3" Non Res connecting pipe

Race specification back box with minimal silencing

NB: the back box retains the same dimensions as Millteks standard back box in an effort to contain drone

Kev then got on with putting it all back together and here is how it looks when all back in place:

IMG_0358.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

IMG_0356.jpg

IMG_0353.jpg

IMG_0354.jpg

Kev then fired her up and I was pleased already.... the car sounds instantly more throaty straight from start up - the standard setting to me is like the OEM system in Sport, if not a little louder straight away. Good stuff :)

Push the sport button and the car instantly has a deeper more purposeful tone about it. So a quick spin to check all is in check and then back up on the ramps for another visual inspection. All is good :D

Final checks before I was on my way were to get the emissions run for piece of mind and I'm pleased to say this thing will breeze an MOT so no future worries there ;)

So after Milltek it was off to Sports Tech Limited who are around the corner. The guys at Revo had very kindly organised for them to update the software on my car to compliment the new exhaust system. Nice little outfit if you're in the Derby area :)

Anyway, the car now drives better again, spool up time is improved, low end torque is improved and the noise is awesome when you floor it. Surprisingly on the motorway run back up north drone was non existent when in normal mode, with only a little bit creeping through at certain speeds when in sports mode. So, when I'm on my own, sport button will be pressed, when I'm with the Boss (Girlfriend) it can stay in normal and I won't get told off :)

And you've waited patiently enough, so here is the sound comparison - doesn't do it justice really, as under load it sounds significantly better. I need to borrow Jonny's mates private driveway next time I'm home I think :)

Improved sound file without the background noise from Millteks workshop...

Stood still revving like this doesn't really do it justice, when its under load it sounds much better

Huge thanks to:

Charlie, Phil & Kev @ Milltek

Carl @ Revo for pulling it out of the bag today (owe you a beer fella)

And finally James @ Sports Tech for fitting me in at the last minute on a Friday afternoon

Thanks for reading :)