Order placed for A4 avant s-line

Newbie123

Went down to the dealers yesterday and changed my order from an A3 to an A4 avant s-line.

Delivery? who knows. Apparently Audi Uk and the factory haven't yet agreed on when production will commence, so while you can spec one the audi uk website and the January price list gives all the details the dealer can't actually do anything with my order ROLLEY~14.GIF . Anyway the dealer hopes I'll have it end of March or early April, he has been kind enough to promise to keep me mobile until it arrives anyway.

Anyone else got one on order? I'm sure I read that someone had ordered one. Just wondering what you've been told about delivery.

Anyway spec is as follows....... jump.gif

A4 Avant 1.8T S-Line

Avus Silver

Black/black interior

Multitronic

DVD Sat Nav

Bose Acoustic parking sensors - rear

Xenons

Auto dimming rear view mirror

Aluminium trim strips exterior

Servotronic steering

Storage pack

Load pack

Front armrest

Reversible boot mat

The DVD Sat Nav is already on the system and available to order now. So at least I won't have to wait for that grin.gif

Pictures of the interior can be found here (ignore the outside, wrong wheels no bodykit etc) ....

A4 avant s-line

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds excellent!

Presumably as it's an S-Line it comes with the essential sports seats?

You having leather? No sunroof?

Oh, and...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Does that sound a lot better than standard accoustic parking then? grin.gif

beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Does that sound a lot better than standard accoustic parking then? grin.gif

beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It has a lot more clarity fuck_scott.gifgrin.gif

Ari, the s-line pack includes the following over a normal sport edition .......

18" RS6 alloys

Aluminium fascia and door inlays

Interior light pack

Half leather/cloth sport seats with electric lumbar adjustment.

Perforated leather steering wheel

S-line badges etc

You can't have full leather or any multi-function steering wheel options.

Didn't spec a sunroof as it usually restricts the headroom and all the ones I've had previously have leaked frown.gif.

Newbie,

With all that kit aren't you tempted by electric rear windows? Don't think they come as standard do they?

Otherwise, exactly what I would have ordered had the S-line been available 3 months ago!! beerchug.gifbeerchug.gif

Enjoy smile.gif

PS. I've said it before and I'll say it again... those ally strips make all the difference!! notworthy.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Newbie,

With all that kit aren't you tempted by electric rear windows? Don't think they come as standard do they?

Otherwise, exactly what I would have ordered had the S-line been available 3 months ago!! beerchug.gifbeerchug.gif

Enjoy smile.gif

PS. I've said it before and I'll say it again... those ally strips make all the difference!! notworthy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I won't be in the back grin.gif so no point in the electric windows, plus I think they should be standard so I'm registering a protest by not paying extra for them. It makes sense in my mind smashfreakB.gifgrin.gif.

Agree about the chrome. I looked at some avants at the dealership and the exterior chrome strips just make it look very classy and raise it above the standard models.

I quite liked the idea of an S-Line until I saw the exterior piccy's - no colour-coordinated rear valance frown.gif

The Sport body kit looks better IMHO, but then again it's probably more expensive too.

Interior looks okay though - we have those half 'n half seats in the Golf and they're better than full leather 'cos it's not as cold in winter/hot in summer and you don't slide around on them like with leather.

[ QUOTE ]

I quite liked the idea of an S-Line until I saw the exterior piccy's - no colour-coordinated rear valance frown.gif

The Sport body kit looks better IMHO, but then again it's probably more expensive too.

Interior looks okay though - we have those half 'n half seats in the Golf and they're better than full leather 'cos it's not as cold in winter/hot in summer and you don't slide around on them like with leather.

[/ QUOTE ]

S4dreamer,

you do get the sport bodykit grin.gif (the pictures in the link above are from Germany where the s-line doesn't include the bodykit)

official description from the A4 s-line pricelist:- quattro GmbH body styling in body colour, badged s-line.

Which is the same description as that for the standard sport model, so you get the deeper front and rear bumpers and grills. Although not as deep as 18ME's kit which is the dealer fit option.

I agree about the seats, plus you don't have to have heated seats when the base is cloth.

[ QUOTE ]

Very, very good choice but are you sure you will stick with this one grin.gif I reckon in 2 months time it'll be the new A6 as soon as you see that jump.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I will stick with this one grin.gif for a while anyway wink.gif

Anyway it's all your fault, having that picture of your A4 avant in your sig has driven me to distraction. Everytime I see it I think "that's one good looking motor". Can't wait to see some pic's of yours with the S4 alloys on notworthy.gif

[ QUOTE ]

You know you need a second car grin.gif

I promise that I will make it to a northern meet once it arrives, so you'll be able to have a look.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I want a second car need might be pushing it a bit far wink.gif

I look forward to a close inspection - it might even be light enough and warm enough to stand outside of the pub for more than 15s without freezing to death if you aren't picking it up 'til the spring smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I agree about the seats, plus you don't have to have heated seats when the base is cloth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooohh get the heated seats! I got heated seats for the first time in my cabrio simply because it is a cabrio, but I have them on all the time in the winter, roof up or down. They're fantastic, wouldn't be without them now! notworthy.gif

[ QUOTE ]

My local Audi center says that its just about to reseve a S-line for delivery very shortly so no idead why do cant order one and have to wait only standard delivery time as pre A4.

Skooby

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a good question isn't it. smashfreakB.gif

I watched him try and order my car on the central ordering system, all options were there and it is set up for the ltd edition but not the s-line. All very strange.

[ QUOTE ]

I won't be in the back grin.gif so no point in the electric windows, plus I think they should be standard so I'm registering a protest by not paying extra for them. It makes sense in my mind smashfreakB.gifgrin.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait untill your passengers (kids?) forget to close the rear windows when they get out... Comfort close is very nice, you have full control, and it can be a nice ventilation option if you don't have a sunroof...

Agree with Ari on the heated seats. Get them, you won't regret it! cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Just confirmed my order for a quattro S-Line saloon today, and thought I'd celebrate with a first post on this newly discovered forum grin.gif

Options on the car :

Avus Silver (Can see this becoming a bit common)

Syphony

Bose

Xenon

Front Armrest

Leccy rear windows

Auto Dip rearview

ISOFIX (I'm told I'm having kids shortly)

I've had two A4 150's over the last 6 years, but really looking forward to getting the S-Line, a well needed power hike and finally quattro ECLIPSe.gif Only down side on this car to me is the lack of full leather, which I will miss from my current car.

Nice to of finally found a decent Audi / A4 board ! Will be pestering you all with lots of silly questions shortly I'm sure blush.gif

Thanks for the welcome guys !

Yeah saw the board was for all sorts, seems like a great find.

No build date as yet, I know the sales man quite well though, he's had an S-Line ordered for quite some time, and hopefully will be switching this one to my spec, which should speed things up. End March he thinks.

Off topic slightly : Any of you going on / been on the Audi experience courses they're advertising on the uk site atm ? http://www.audi.co.uk/experience/drivingexperience/index.jsp thinking about treating myself now I've got a quattro coming.

Quick note newbie : You can now spec Avus on the uk configurator if you had not seen. Really bad representation of the colour to me though, that thing could make any car / colour look bad.

The pic of the RS6 attached though shows how nice Avus really is, and sits well with the wheels smile.gif

post-3287-137914263322_thumb.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the welcome guys !

Yeah saw the board was for all sorts, seems like a great find.

No build date as yet, I know the sales man quite well though, he's had an S-Line ordered for quite some time, and hopefully will be switching this one to my spec, which should speed things up. End March he thinks.

Off topic slightly : Any of you going on / been on the Audi experience courses they're advertising on the uk site atm ? http://www.audi.co.uk/experience/drivingexperience/index.jsp thinking about treating myself now I've got a quattro coming.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hope he changes it quick, they usually confirm build (no more changes allowed) two weeks before build, which would be about now. Hopefully you'll be lucky though and he's managed to change it laugh.gif.

I'm looking at booking on the experience day for my birthday in November ECLIPSe.gif , just waiting for my dealer to get back from holiday before booking. I want to see if they're doing any for free first ices_blah.gif

Great photo, I've always loved Avus ever since I saw it on a TT s-line a couple of years ago.