Weekend efforts:

Tarmac_Terrorist

Friday was a rainy day for most of the day but after washing etc, I was able to work in a double garage with my twin halogens.

It's my dad's car and it was in pretty good shape aside from some very light swirling, particularly on the rear of the car.

The following was carried out - approx 8 hours solid work:

1. Wash

2. Clay - Sonus Green & Megs LT

3. Corrected the paint on the tailgate / rear bumper / lights with Menzerna 106FA via Kestrel DA polisher & Menz orange polishing pad & Sonus white 4" spot pad

4. Remainder of car was prepped with Poorboys Black Hole and worked well to fill any very minor swirls / marring

5.Two coats of Collinite 476s applied 3 hours apart (particularly sought a durable LSP)

6. wheels cleaned with Poorboys undiluted APC, polished with Autoglym SRP and sealed with AG EGP.

7. Tyres dressed with Swissvax Pneu

8. Plastic trim dressed with Chemical Guys New Look Trim Gel

9. Glass cleaned with Autoglym Fast Glass

10. Interior hoovered and dash dressed with Clearkote Quikshine for a matt antistatic finish.

Find red cars hard to photograph; particularly with an auto camera as the light / contrast seems to bounce all over the place! Anyhow, here are a few of the better pics.

P1010605.jpg

P1010621.jpg

P1010616.jpg

P1010618.jpg

P1010622.jpg

it doesnt look like it needs much correction, how comes the back needed it?

Geoff

My dad foolishly wiped the back of the car dry with an old synthetic chamois a couple of months ago when it was dusty / slightly dirty and wet (without washing). That was enough to mess up the paint. He knows the error of his ways now though!

Thanks for the comments guys.

As ever, exceptional TT ;-)

I had a go at the weekend too !. Ended up using Optimum's Instant Detailer, a nice product. I also gave the interior a go with some Poorboys Natural Look dressing. Superb stuff, it gives a nice matt natural finish.

Sorted the glass too with a window cloth from Elite Car Care, a most certain must for anybody who needs very clean and clear glass, you'd think that no glass was there .....LOL