[Audi A3/S3] ABS / Brake Warning after heavy braking.

cmcintee

Got an 04 2.0 TDI and was out yesterday lunchtime and had to brake heavily, although not so much that I felt the judder of the ABS working. Parked the car went shopping returned to made my way to the office without any problems. But when I started up later that day after work the ABS and brake warning lights flashed up ans stayed on all the way home.

This happened before over a year ago after some heavy braking , but cleared after restarting the car the next day.

Also had a similar thing happen with my previous Mrk4 Golf TDI, again clearing itself after restarting.

But this morning I still had the warning lights on, although brakes appear to be fine and I only got it services 3 weeks ago.

Anyone else had this happen after heavy braking? Any ideas short of heading to a stealer! :/

Thanks

My S4 did this a couple of times. Initially it was the fluid level being a bit low which set off the brake warnings, then it was the brake light switch. Yes the brake light switch causes ABS warnings. Bastard fiddly job to do on the S4 as I understand it - mechanic who did it had done a few so had a way to do it that didn't take hours, but DIY sounded awful.