Just bought a Q7

craigyb

I've been to see an 07 plate 3.0tdi s line today too. Panoramic sunroof, bluetooth, adaptive xenons, but no Bose sound upgrade or TV.

Not sure whether to wait for one with the 'right spec' to turn up :confused:

It'd be interesting to hear how your upgrade goes.

Zed - I have TV and Bose. TV I could live without, but Bose is great.

And Pana roof is a must if you can get it.

I think I'm going to wait for the right spec. I found a car with all the spec I wanted but it was a little rough around the edges. Now I have a found a car that looks like it's been cared for, but without the toys.

I will wait, and I agree, the Bose does is a addition from the standard speaker set-up.

• 3 weeks later...

Well the Q7 arrived on Saturday, I've been busy stripping it down to retrofit the MMI 3G system and I came across a small issue.

The car has BOSE speaker logos on the grills, all four of them. But on further examination of the car it seems it has the standard sound system and some bright spark has just stuck on BOSE labels. My understanding was the car had BOSE, I don't think it was ever discussed during purchase, but I can't really remember.

So where do I stand with the dealership that sold me the car on this one? Should I ask or even expect some sort of compensation?

Craig, if it was me I'd contact the selling dealer. If it says Bose on the grill, you expect Bose behind it.

It's a kind of false advertising in my eyes. Even if they didn't advertise it with Bose, they should not be selling cars that are made to look higher spec'd than they are.

I picked mine up on Friday - Graphite Grey, Panoramic roof, TV, Bose, Xenon's, 21" wheels, Arch trims, Bluetooth.

Anybody know how to get the bluetooth on the car in Discoverable' mode?

Also, there is a phone cradle in the arm rest, but have no idea what phone will fit it. Best to take it to a dealer?

I will be contacting the dealer first thing to find out what they will do for me if anything.

My argument would be that it has BOSE on the speakers, so I would expect BOSE in the car. If they compensate me for the cost of the 3G BOSE amp I've just bought and cannot return then I will be happy as that will cover the cost of the BOSE sepaker upgrades from Ebay.

As for your phone, how old is the car? The early cars had motorola cradles fitted with a SIM slot. These are not bluetooth compatible and can only be swapped for bluetooth options.

Good luck with the dealer!

The car was registered September 2007. I got the Bluetooth working by pairing the phone as soon as I put the key in the ignition, which is apparently the way to do it. I didn't see that in the MMI manual anywhere.

The was hoping the phone cradle in the arm-rest is for a generic privacy handset that is an option. I've seen a Q7 with this privacy handset installed in the same place.

Craig, I may need to book mine in with you to have the TV restriction removed. Is there anything that'll allow my to play media/movie files from a USB memory stick through the front screen (without using FM tranmitters for sound)?

Well the Q7 arrived on Saturday, I've been busy stripping it down to retrofit the MMI 3G system and I came across a small issue.

The car has BOSE speaker logos on the grills, all four of them. But on further examination of the car it seems it has the standard sound system and some bright spark has just stuck on BOSE labels. My understanding was the car had BOSE, I don't think it was ever discussed during purchase, but I can't really remember.

So where do I stand with the dealership that sold me the car on this one? Should I ask or even expect some sort of compensation?

Did the dealership advert not mention Bose? I don't know where you bought the car from, but usually the standard Audi delearship adverts list the spec of the car and Bose (if fitted) is usually listed with all the other toys.

If you can find something like this where it is specifically written down then you should have a good case for them compensating you. I suppose they might try to argue that as its a second hand car they can't possibley check everything and have no control over what a previous owner might have done, but most good dealers should offer you something as its clearly not your fault and anybody would assume that Bose was fitted.

I got a contribution to the BOSE upgrade, so I'll be doing that this weekend. Hardest part is adding the two roof mounted speakers, rest seems pretty easy, tweeters are all the same part number, so it's bass and mid range speakers only that need changing and the SUB in the boot to add.