tdi 3x engine probs

philippefrateur

Quick introduction:

I'm driving a 2006 golf GT TDI 170 with 6 speed DSG, OBD enhanced to 216PS.

Further all standard

Now, i'll get right to the point.

1: When driving in 6th at about 2000rpm (something like 120KM/h, which is a speed one is to drive in many occasions here) the car seems to slow down just a little for a split second.

The speedometer doesn't change but still you can notice it slowing down and then normal again, like someone is softly pulling the handbrake and then releasing it, or a strong head wind or something.

Seems like the car wants to change to 7th gear, which it doesn't have.

2: When driving sometimes it just starts stuttering, followed by a nice black smoke.

This usually only lasts for a few seconds and then all is normal again.

3: Something similar, but untill now only 1 time. It happend when I had to pull up from 0 (beeing on a crosspoint).

The car stalled every time when trying to accelerate and even stopped.

Again black smoke emitting. Started the engine again, but same thing.

Because the engine didn't make any strange noises I kept trying again and again.

After a while the engine got warmer and all of a sudden it was OK, just like nothing happened.

Hooked up the car to the computer a few times without any result.

Only one time it had a fuel temperature sensor ERROR, but I can't remember the code. This was right after point 3.

Since point 2 happened a few time, the VAGcom gave no errors.

Before starting with, it's a bad remap. The remap only kicks in after 50% throttle.

Really hope someone can give me some advice here, since the computer doesn't give me any answers.

Thanks, Philippe

• 3 weeks later...

Taking the remap off is not really an option since it was done with my friend n Belgium, and I moved to Spain.

As for, did it do it before, I have no idea, i bought the car secondhand and the same day we did the remap, haha really smart, i know.

Thing is I didnt have time to wait because 2 days later I was moving.

Any other ideas? Thanks

We have the STS device (see Shark Performance - Self Tuning System) which can overwrite your remap and give you the opportunity to use a standard map and also our remap. It also has a fault code reader built in, which means you can read and erase engine fault codes which may give some more idea to your problem.

Without trying to sell it to you, it sounds like exactly what you need!