Why you shouldn't wash your car this weekend

farmerpalmer

Hi

Meguiars step 2 polish is what Meguiars call a polish (non abrasive type), not what most people would say is a polish. Its abrasive and cleaner free, its just oils in a bottle. Great for filling in swirl marks, greating depth, but it has no surface preperation qualities.

Klasses All on One Sealant is a paintwork cleaner and sealant i one go. Any product places on the surface before Klasses All In One (KAIO) will be removed by applying KAIO after it.

From the products you have, Clay then KAIO topped with Pinnacle Wax is really the only option. Applying Meguiars Step 2 over KAIO is probably a bit of a waste as most of it will just be wiped away as a dusty residue as the KAIO will repell the product.

Geoff

Hi

You really need to think about cleaning/cleansing the paintwork, either with an abrasive polish which almost all have a chemical cleaning element or with a dedicated paintwork cleaner or product with a paintwork cleaner in it.

If you dont use a product with a chemical cleaning action then your paintwork will suffer from not being very optically clear. You wont have a "fresh and clean" paintwork to apply other products too.

Clay removes above the surface contamination and waxes or sealants. It does not clear the pores of the paintwork which sealants seal nor does it remove below the surface contamination.

Klasses Sealant Glaze is a picky product, a few layers provides durable protection. It works like its suppose to over only over a few things like KAIO or its many variations.

If you buy some KAIO or the Carlack version (its much cheaper) or Jeff Werkstatt Prime it would be a good step between claying and sealing.

Geoff

I have some Scratch X in stock which should have some abrasive qualities, but was working an order for some other bits up last night. I was looking at the Meguiars Ultimate Compound, as I will be doing this by hand, but I will have a look at the products you suggested tonight.

Hi Justin

ScratchX does have chemical cleaners, Ultimate Compound does too. UC is new and i have not had much use of it, but its meant to be very effective at doing its job. You will have to follow it with ScratchX or SwirlX as it will leave the surface slightly hazy and with out much gloss.

If you applied KSG (klasses sealant glaze) over Meguiars Step 2 and were happy with how it performed then you can apply it straight over the ScratchX. Polishes like ScratchX leave behind oils will in theory can effect how KSG works.

I always found it easier with KAIO or similar underneath. Here is the Carlack version, way, way cheaper then the Klasses, but out of stock at the moment: CarLack 68 - Nano Systematic Care (300ml).

Geoff

Edited by steelwind101

hmmm, the UC sounds too abrasive then as I only have light washing marks, nothing serious. I need to find the carlack in stock somewhere I reckon.

I do feel though as if the All in one is duplicating some of the product in the High Gloss protection, I would prefer a true polish with some abrasion for the light marks, but combined with a paint cleaner, but compatible with my Klasse, which I am very happy with (and have loads left)

I can't remember if I layered the Klasse on the top of Megs Stage 2 when I did it originally.