City Powder Coaters - beware!

SAiLO

Hi, I have been a member here for a while, but haven't been very active. I usually spend most of my time on audi-sport.net

A warning for everyone who wants to refurb their alloys.

I went to Birmingham 3 weeks ago to Citypowdercoaters to get my five alloys refurbished. Very nice guy who works for them, the one I spoke to on the phone before I went, said he'd only take 3-4 days to get them done I said ok, no problem. Next Friday I called and they said wheels are still not ready but they will be done for Monday.

Went to Birmingham early in the morning on Tuesday thinking wheels would be ready, but when I got there it turns out that the wheels are still not ready!!!!

Kept my cool and the guy I dealt with promised that the wheels would be delivered to my address in London during the week.. Got to the weekend - still no wheels. I called after the weekend, more promises that the rims would be delivered soon...

Today over 3 weeks later I still haven't got the wheels!!!

Don't know what to do but I am starting to believe they destroyed/stolen my wheels!

Last time I was on the phone to them it was on Friday, they said the rims are with the courier. I asked for a tracking number and the very same men I've been dealing with said he'll text it to me. Of course I didn't get the tracking number until today.

I am desperate and don't know what to do next.

Any advice?????

Here's their website: City Powder Coaters Ltd. Birmingham. 0121 448 7646.

It wouldn't be the first time a courier had lost an order.. and if that is the case then it would take a while for the insurance company to pay up and replace them..

I would keep on at the company, but also chase the tracking number on your order.

Sorry, I didn't word it properly.

What I meant was that I never received the tracking number despite my numerous requests.

Hmm.. not good. Probably the best action would be to turn up in person and demand to see them.. and not leave until you get answers. If you don't get anywhere then a claim in the small courts might be your last resort.

Update:

Threatening to contact Trading Standards and automotive press seems to have worked . I received my tracking number yesterday evening, which is nearly two weeks later than promised. Rims should be with me today. It would have been much easier for both sides if the wheels got sent when I got told, without lies that they were in transit....

Update:

Threatening to contact Trading Standards and automotive press seems to have worked . I received my tracking number yesterday evening, which is nearly two weeks later than promised. Rims should be with me today. It would have been much easier for both sides if the wheels got sent when I got told, without lies that they were in transit....

So, did they turn up, and were they OK ?

Jesus:eek::eek:

I'd be demanding every penny you've given them back and that they make a contribution towards getting them put right with someone who knows what their doing. That's appalling.

Definitely worth the circa £50 it'll cost you to take them down small claims court route if they won't pay up.

If your Midlands based and need them done correctly, take a look at Alloy Wheel Refurbishment West Midlands - Plastic Finishing and Painting - Classic Car Restoration - the guy that runs the place is called Mike and is brilliant.

Good luck with getting it sorted. The other thing I'd do personally is register with every car forum you can find and post the story along with the pictures - but that's just me being bloody-minded!

Jesus:eek::eek:

The other thing I'd do personally is register with every car forum you can find and post the story along with the pictures - but that's just me being bloody-minded!

We do have something in common!

With a capital F

LOL that made me laugh for the first time today, thanks mate! +++

The finish quality is far from what I expected, not to mention the scratches.

I won't be using them again.

That is just shi1te. They've obviously forgotten about them, and then rushed the job once you started pressuring them.

Send them the pictures and ask for compensation. I think you might have to give them the opportunity to put it right first of all. So that would mean having them collect them. (say bye bye to the wheels for another 4 weeks). Then wait and see what happens when (if) they return.

Then if they come back still sh1te, give it too them with both barrels!

I think you might have to give them the opportunity to put it right first of all. !

I don't believe you need to give them any such opportunity! I certainly wouldn't be doing so. The bottom line is that they've broken every promise they made you, not followed their own procedures in terms of turnaround times, constantly lied about what is happening and then delivered back to you a piece of work which can, at best, be described as not merchantable.

If they really refuse to give you your money back then go down the small claims route. You just spend an hour in front of a judge in his chambers - no barristers, solicitors, etc. If you document the timeline of this and take those pictures with you, you'll be done and dusted inside ten minutes and they'll be lumbered with your costs too.

Just make sure you ask them for your money back in writing and send it recorded delivery +++

Truly awful job, I wonder if they let some new guy loose on them thought "Oh sh!t" lets fob them off until we can get it sorted, then when you really started pushing they thought let's just send them back and see if he notices.

Are there any other complaints about them floating around on any of the other forums?