MK Meet - Wed 5 May

nikw

Wed 5 May, 7:30pm for 8pm at the Caldecotte Arms, Milton Keynes.

Time for another MK meet! As I write this I'm sitting in a hotel in Boulogne eating breakfast, contemplating the drive down to Monaco in an elderly Merc E200 auto as a part fo the Crumball Rally. The journey to the port yesterday established that it has two fully functional gears and precious little acceleration. On the other hand it is very comfortable. The question is, will I make it back from France in time for the meet?

As usual, all are welcome regardless of what you drive - it would be great to see some new faces and cars. For any newcomers (or forgetful old timers) the Caldecotte Arms pub is by the junction of the A5 and the A4146 right next to the oddly shaped and now smoothly surfaced roundabout (keep an eye out for the fake windmill). Turn into the car park, drive down as far as the pub and then turn left towards the back.

The Caldecotte Arms

Bletcham Way

Caldecotte

Milton Keynes

Buckinghamshire

MK7 8HP

858537-Caldecotte.jpg

If only I owned a Seat:

IMG_1866_1024.sized.jpg

Hi guys, looking forward to seeing you both. Anyone else?

The Merc made it all the way there and back by the way, including a top speed run of 127.5 leptons on the autostrada (8.5 more than the book max)! I'm now considering a 15 year old Merc to replace my rubbish Fiat...

Don't think I can make tomorrow, shame as I used to enjoy the south west meets when i lived down there. I do miss seeing RedRobin and John C and lottiefox if they even still use this forum..

I'm a bit shy though, but will try to make one of the meets with you guys this summer. Would be great to meet the TSN crowd here.

Hi guys, looking forward to seeing you both. Anyone else?

The Merc made it all the way there and back by the way, including a top speed run of 127.5 leptons on the autostrada (8.5 more than the book max)! I'm now considering a 15 year old Merc to replace my rubbish Fiat...

I'll be there!

Not too busy today, so might give her a wash.

Went to a recent Audi rolling road day and the car made fantastic power. 474ps (469bhp) and 673Nm (496lb/ft) - so the boost leak I had fixed has done the job. Feels every bit that power output on the road.

Just need to get the cambelt done now - still only 28k on the clock but 6 years under it's, er, belt ;)

You missed out I thought there was going to be a riot when we discovered so many items had been removed from the 2 for £9 menu!

Yep, including the Rodeo burger the bazzards!! AND, they had run out of stake'n'ale pies as well.. AND the rump stake is now only 5oz as well. Not only that, but there is only a 20p difference between the 6oz burger (now on the 2 for 9) and the Rodeo burger. It's all bolloxed!! On the plus side, there is the spicy menu where you get a meal and a pint for 5.99, but it ain't the same...

Still 'ad a larf tho!:grin:

Yep, including the Rodeo burger the bazzards!! AND, they had run out of stake'n'ale pies as well.. AND the rump stake is now only 5oz as well. Not only that, but there is only a 20p difference between the 6oz burger (now on the 2 for 9) and the Rodeo burger. It's all bolloxed!! On the plus side, there is the spicy menu where you get a meal and a pint for 5.99, but it ain't the same...

Still 'ad a larf tho!:grin:

:(:(:(:(:(

No Rodeo....

:(:(:(:(:(

No Rodeo....

Well the Rodeo burger is still on the menu, it's just that you have to pay 5.69 for it, which if you think about it is only 69p more than doing the 2 for 10 anyway. The 6oz burger (which is effectively a Rodeo burger minus the bacon and onion rings) does now feature on the 2 for 9 menu, but is 5.49 anyway - only 20 lousy pence less than the Rodeo burger. Work that out!:confused:

Well the Rodeo burger is still on the menu, it's just that you have to pay 5.69 for it, which if you think about it is only 69p more than doing the 2 for 10 anyway. The 6oz burger (which is effectively a Rodeo burger minus the bacon and onion rings) does now feature on the 2 for 9 menu, but is 5.49 anyway - only 20 lousy pence less than the Rodeo burger. Work that out!:confused:

Feckin bean counters running stuff; Having the same problem elsewhere at the moment.... How difficult should it be to get someone to spend 50K :ffs: