Privacy Glass confusion

zed

I've seen lots of Q7s at Audi dealerships with the front driver and passenger windows tinted, although to a lesser degree than the rear glass.

I thought this was illegal?

I do prefer this look as it makes the car look less van-like, but the Q7 I bought only has the privacy glass to the rear doors and tailgate.

My question is, can I get my front drivers and passenger door glass tinted to the same spec of the ones I have seen at Audi dealers?

If so, what level of tint should I be asking for so as not to go too dark and attract unwanted attention from the fuzz?

Thanks!

You may find that the darker interiors make the windows look like they have a darker tint, but this is not the case.

I have 20's on the drivers side and 28's on the rear's, my brother tested them when i had it done (he's traffic) and they had no prolems passing.

DSCF2808.jpg

The Q7s I've seen at Audi dealers have the same spec interior as mine, and the front door glass was definatley darker then mine.

I do prefer the lighter tint that you have Cockney Boy, but my factory tints on the rear doors is very dark and the contrast between front and rear gives the 'van-look'.

I have it booked in on Friday to have the fronts done, and will go for the lightest shade available I think.

Thanks for the info.