Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nikw

MK Meet - Wed 2 June

12 posts in this topic

Wed 2 June, 7:30pm for 8pm at the Caldecotte Arms, Milton Keynes.

Last MK meet before LM10! Maybe I'll actually lay off the beer long enough to meet up with some other Sarthois TSNers this year? Or not. Anyone else going (paging Mr Techieboy)? Should be another good race with the Spa 6hrs suggesting that Peugeot once again have the legs of the Audis.

Anyway, the meet. This month probably offers the greatest opportunity for car park tyre-kicking on account of (hopefully) good weather and late sunset. If you have an open-topped car then please bring it!

As usual, all are welcome regardless of what you drive - it would be great to see some new faces and cars. For any newcomers (or forgetful old timers) the Caldecotte Arms pub is by the junction of the A5 and the A4146 right next to the oddly shaped and now smoothly surfaced roundabout (keep an eye out for the fake windmill). Turn into the car park, drive down as far as the pub and then turn left towards the back.

The Caldecotte Arms

Bletcham Way

Caldecotte

Milton Keynes

Buckinghamshire

MK7 8HP

858537-Caldecotte.jpg

First appearance for the VX? June '07 in case you were wondering.

IMG_3078_EDIT_1024.sized.jpg

Not for me this month chaps; It's my 21st again that day and so have other plans...

No 24 heures for me this year. :(

But, as a consolation, I've got a trackday on the Le Mans Bugatti circuit next Monday instead. :)

Am struggling to get the car prep'd, so it might not be in the VX but I'll be there. +++

No 24 heures for me this year. :(

Oh, that's a shame. I'll have to have a beer (or Jagermeister) for you then! Mind you, the trackday should be a good consolation - how fantastic to be able to fire up the pit straight into the tricky Dunlop Curves! I've done it plenty on PS3s and XBoxes but not for real (except on foot).

Am struggling to get the car prep'd, so it might not be in the VX but I'll be there. +++

I know that feeling - one of the dampers on the back of the 300ZX has failed and I have yet to get the replacement unit on to the car. At this rate I might be going to LM in a Fiat Stilo with no PAS...:o

By the way, I've started an MK Meet Group and added some pics from the last meet. To see the group go to Quick Links > Social Groups > MK Meet.

Now to figure out how to divide the pics into sub-groups for each month...:confused:

Currently out of action with a bad back, acute lower back pain making me walk lobsided, so unless I'm better next week I won't be able to make it.

I will be there, not sure in what yet, may have the new trackday project car on the road by then

Hello chaps sorry - got home from work late and then had some urgent support to do for the CEO so maybe next month for me.

Cheers

Tone

Good to see you all tonight, even if it did take a text to remind me I was supposed to be at the meet! :o

V nice car Miguel! +++