Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
volvoman

My Volvo 854 T5-R 591 hp/524 ftlbs project the story so far.

38 posts in this topic

Biali = Bodge It And Leg It. :grin:

A great write up, nice to see externally that it still looks fairly standard too. I'd be tempted to put a caravan club sticker in the window for maximum Q-car style.

I had the same wheels and had a nightmare finding tyres. IIRC P-zeros lasted c.5-7k miles only. I never tracked it, but would have loved to.

My kind of car +++

Wow that's some project! Awesome.

Thanks glad you all like it :cool:

What a serious amount of work!

Patience and time (and money!!).

As I said in anohter post about it, that turbo looks as if it will suck up small dogs and children!

The Turbo is a baby for most but rather large for the Volvo world +++

a brilliant read - thanks for posting.

I would have a divorce to deal with before getting even half way through that project!

I am very lucky to have a wife who loves cars as much as me she has helped where ever possible :)

Fantastic, thanks for taking your time to share that with us. I admire your dedication and after seeing the end result it is clear that your hard work has paid off! I wouldn't bother thinking about cost, its something you do with your heart, not your head. Thanks again. Anything more planned for it? +++

Thanks i did get rather carried away but love it to bits even when things go wrong some on the Volvo world have not taken to it very well as 400 hp has been a dream for lots and some have spent years trying to get there or more i will be at Modified Madness 2010 Show - Modified Car & Bike show! Drag strip and Drifting! 10th & 11th July 2010 and the brighton speed trials in september :cool:

When TDK reads this he'll cream his knickers!

:)

Biali = Bodge It And Leg It. :grin:

A great write up, nice to see externally that it still looks fairly standard too. I'd be tempted to put a caravan club sticker in the window for maximum Q-car style.

I had the same wheels and had a nightmare finding tyres. IIRC P-zeros lasted c.5-7k miles only. I never tracked it, but would have loved to.

My kind of car +++

The car does get some strange looks and lots of double takes when they spot the roll cage etc i love the way the car has finished up they are great cars glad you had one :cool:

Russ

:eek: That's mightily impressive! :cool: Thanks for taking the time to post, I've really enjoyed reading it. +++

:eek: That's mightily impressive! :cool: Thanks for taking the time to post, I've really enjoyed reading it. +++

Volvoman - awesome!!!! great project and attention to detail and quality excellent.... well done for posting!

Volvoman - awesome!!!! great project and attention to detail and quality excellent.... well done for posting!

Thanks very much:cool:

Just seen this thread for the first time and read it from start to finish - what a fantastic project +++ Thanks for taking the time to post it all up as I really enjoyed reading that.

Just seen this thread for the first time and read it from start to finish - what a fantastic project +++ Thanks for taking the time to post it all up as I really enjoyed reading that.

Thankyou i am glad you enjoyed it:cool:

What a great read! Thanks alot for posting +++

Thanks i am glad you enjoyed it :cool:

Will soone be back on the rollers with the car to see what effect the new cams have made

I know this thread as been dormant for more then 7 years. Any updates on the car? I have read this post so many times and it never gets old. Love me some Volvo's.