A4 B6 cab headlights

Please help, new here and my 1st post, i have a A4 B6 Cab, the problem is i went to MOT it after having it for 10 month, and it faild on the Nearside Headlight, it would appear that someone in the past has put on on from a LHD model, as the MOT showed me its set up correctly for driving on the RHS of the road. No Problem, i will just by a new headlight, so started looking at aftermarket designs, found some i like, but the shop tells me that B6 cab mounting screws are in different possitions to a normal B6, and that no one makes aftermarket lights with these mountings, is this the fact or have i been mis-informed. :ffs:

Hi, not sure about availability of aftermarket lights but I do know that if you remove the headlight there is a lever inside for adjusting the beam for either LHD or RHD. You could try the lever in the opposite setting to what it is now & see if that solves your problem. Good luck!

I have a similar problem - we moved to France last month and I need to change the headlights for driving on the right-hand side of the road. The local dealer is quoting a fabulous sum to replace both units but I keep coming across references to a 'small lever' inside the headlamp which manually swaps the lights across. Is this applicable to the 2007 Audi A4 as well as the B6?

From what I can tell, for regular B6 xenons, there should be a lever that can be adjusted up or down to adjust LHD/RHD (lever down = driving on left, lever up = driving on right). See the attached pic.

On B6 bi-xenons, it looks like you have to fit a plastic deflector to your headlight (not sure of the part number)...

On B7 xenons, there seem to be some headlights that have a lever in them, and some that don't. In the ones that do, I think it's similar to the lever on the B6. On the ones that don't, you'd have to replace the headlight, or change the lights to "Tourist Mode" via VAG COM. Although I think this only dips the lights, rather than setting them to the correct alignment.

post-30100-137914449182_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
:) Thanks guys, i had heard stories of a lever for switching the headlights beam direction, i had these on my jag and thought audi would have a similar system, much to my surprise i could not find one, so thus contacted my local friendy Audi dealer who informed me that yes they do have the headlight adjusters on SOME models, but not mine :(