with 15k what would u choose?

dappastyle

In a few months I'm thinking of making my purchase but still unsure what car to buy but I've set a limit of 15k

the cars that i've thought of are:

#1 Audi S3

#2 Audi TT

#3 Honda Civic Type R

those are what i've narrowed it down too! I know there is dislike to the honda drivers from S3 owners are they are close rivals?

please help me out and say what would u think u'd get?

thanks! smashfreakB.gif

Hi,

I tried the Civic, S3 and Cupra R. My signature will tell you which one I was most impressed with. Try one - they really are that good. I wanted an S3 until I tried the Cupra R - instantly converted and saved £10k. It was not a money thing either.

I didn't like the Seat badge but the car more than makes up for it and you don't see very many of them around. More R32's around than Cupra R's as far as I can tell.

You won't get a new 225 for less than list unless you go to an importer. UK dealers don't need to discount because they are in such demand. You can pick up a few nice dealer examples of the 210 like mine for 15k easy. The only options are Recaro seats and Sat Nav. Platinum is the only metallic paint of the ones on offer for the 210. Newer models can be told apart because of their "tear drop" type wing mirrors - the older ones have the VW/Audi style mirrors.

Try one - you might like it ..... grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

yeap second hand,

lots of them down London.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes,but running costs for a TVR that age are going to be so much more than any of the others! smashfreakB.gif

I would recommend the Cupra R,my mate has one and it is an excellent car.Basically an Audi without the badge.

Cheers Scott

Thanks fellas!

well i've never really like the styling of the cupras but not being that interested about them what is basically good about them? can u give me the good and the bad points about them please? I really am surprised that you boys didn't recommend the S3 or any audi at all.

what about a VW 4motion?

Do u think that the civic TR could be placed in a Boy racer category?

be good to hear from u!

thanks again confused.gif

p.s. As for the fella who said the TVR I would like to someone said the costs would be just to high for my liking, don't get me wrong i'm thinking about them in a few years time but to afford one of them now i'd be pulling my pants down!

hi - welcome to tyresmoke.

for 15k you could get a brand new Clio 172cup with ac - fantastic car and i thought a better all round drive than the civic type r.

If you want used then look at an integra type R - again far better than the civic as a drivers car. Used Scooby, TVR - it depends what you really want from it.

I'm sure the S8 wouldnt even be considered by somebody looking to spend £15k, but considering it will most proberbly be quicker than the other options it shouldnt be discounted, residual prices wouldnt really be an issue as its done the depreciation part, might have to consider fuel bills if your on a tight budget though wink.gif

How do, all P1's are UK cars having been produced by Prodrive.

As far as imports being gp 20, not that I am aware of. Jap imports will attract a premium over UK models due to the non-uk componenets etc, which will cost more to replace with regards shipping from japan.

Many imported Jap cars tend to be higher power outputs than their UK equivelents and so will undoubtably be higher insurance on that basis alone.

As for the Integra Type R (feckin' brilliant by the way), I would say if it were sold in the UK (which it soon will be as Honda UK are set to begin sales soon) it would be at least ins gp 18-19, as the old model was gp 18, then it would could well come in at gp 20 due to the slight premium imports attract.

Hello roddick!

I've seen your comments about and they've made me laugh. You being a former S3 driver will tend to bee less biast towards the S3? correct? hopefully you'd say what was the better car?

So truth be told?

Integra Type R

Civic Type R

Audi S3

U said something about the Integra being released for the uk market? Is this true? jump.gif I've scoured the type R rooms and they haven't heard anything about this and the members are just as clued up as the fellas here!

Would be nice to find out if they are, either way not the final descion yet but i def don't want to pay the darker side of £1500.

good work! thanks