DAB retrofit

bigcw

Hi all

Been lurking for some time, so now time to ask a question!

I've got a 2008 (late 57 plate) A6 Le Mans 3.0 Quattro Avant with 2G MMI high, reverse camera, bluetooth prep, Bose stereo. Looking to retrofit DAB, so been reading all sorts of threads about it on various forums.

I bought the DAB module from eBay Germany - part number 4E0 910 563.

I looked in the boot on the left hand side, and above where the Bose amplifier and the DVD player for the sat nav is there is the aerial booster thingy with four coloured plugs in it.

Question is, what else do I need to get this installed? I've seen the two options from Kufatec, one of which is just the cables and the other has the DAB module (presumably what I bought from eBay) and an 'Antenna module'. Is this the same antenna module that I already have in the car with the four plugs in it? I've tried asking Kufatec, but it's akin to this: :ffs: lol. (Possibly a language barrier!)

Also, I've read something about having to change the aerial to one with four outputs, but also that the Avant has the DAB aerial in the rear glass. Can anyone clarify?

Just for info, I'm a fairly competant mechanic on older cars, but the Audi is supposed to be the sensible, reliable, daily drive which I promised myself I wouldn't modify. :o If this is just a plug in and go upgrade I'm happy, but I don't want to be getting the 'big spanners' out, removing trim panels, or anything like that.

Cheers, Chris

• 1 year later...

Hi Chris, sorry to resurect such an old post but I'm trying to retrofit DAB myself, I've got the unit, the amp and the wiring from kufatec but there is nothing wired to my rear right window, the aerial is there because I have an avant but nothing is soldered to the pads. How far did you get in the end? I particularly want to know which pad corresponds to which pin on the signal amp.

cheers,

H