hello first day on this site

andyxros

hi all

just joined the site today after leaving another site but now ive changed from turbo subaru and now got myself a golf gttdi 03 150bhp last week so hear i am, and loving the fact that i now sit in a well built car now and not boucing down the road and constantly filling the car with fuel and (filling goverments pockets),,,,,if you guys have any info for my new car or any mods etc i could be looking into for the time being that would be great +++

hi,

yes i bought the scoob 4 years ago as a my00 2000 turbo and had it re mapped twice, with a ihivf35 turbo and hks 4-2-1 headers,de cat, walbro, sti cooler etc est 290-310 bhp it shifted but petrol guage shifted with it no matter what driving style i used, did everything myself except the re-maps

whats annoying is its still sat in my drive and cant drive it only for viewing purposes as its going to be advertised this week when the rain stops so i can clean it

dont know where to start with the golf as of yet, i want to keep the interior standard but the sterio is dia for some reason its the 8 speaker gammer one but i had a golf v5 and that was prety aceptable but i dont know why this one sounds so tinney?

plus the turbo sounds a bit hollow screech acompaned with high turbo screech on boost then gose normal high pitch past 2500k??

other than that car looks abd drives brand new am impresed with it+++

thanks , yes i think il get in on a pit and give it a real good ispection hopfully over the weekend and have a good look at the turbo pipes it dose sound like a split or something and theres a bit of smoke on start up prob just a tad over what i would call normal,,,,car is fully servised and 1 owner who is in the womens institute by lookks of things and lives on a monor lol but as with any second hand car who knows how its been treat at the end of the day you just do your best and hope for it lol

i suppose i should stay well away from those 70 quid plug in boxes on fleabay then?? lol