The New Smoke

Woppum

That would make it very rapid although you might go through tyres just as fast as you do on the RS+++

I looks really good in black. Only sen a silver one in the flesh and to be honest didn't do it justice.

it gets its power down so well. defo limits the power in first gear though so there is no problem. i have been faced with 0 torque steer or wheel spinning which is a revelation!

Aha, I didn't realise it was 2WD.

Why do I seem to think you can't get xenons on a Scirocco, have I read that somewhere and is it still (or was it ever) correct? I'd still always pick a Scirocco over a Golf. It's just a much nicer looking car.

IIRC when the Rocco was launched there was a severe delay to get cars with Xenons that they temporarily removed the option. I'm sure the issue is resolved now.

One thing that really did surprise me about the Rocco was that they did away with the gas bonnet strut and it has the old pop up type. Not sure if it's cost cutting or pedestrian safety

it looks mean mate but drives like a good fast road car. bit of a baggy box but used to the rs. heel and toe is possible in the right shoes too. could do with a little more noise but that is really its only problem, it really is very quick, 135 standards really.

I see quite a few on my daily commute and I think it's a great looking car.

I'm surprised by the 0.60 of 6.3. My old TT (1999) so 11 years ago was 6.4 from the 1.8T (225bhp). Remapped up to Scirocco levels and it was nudging high 5's.

I can only assume it is the FWD. This should mean once rolling it's gonna have similar performance to the remapped TT.

Not RS levels but plenty for most circumstances +++

p.s. I have to confess the bumps on the roof look like a last minute after thought in order to cover the rear door hinges. Everytime I see the car it's the one detail that bugs me. The rest of it is 100% spot on. They look worse on some colours rather than others. Black means they're quite subtle.

I see quite a few on my daily commute and I think it's a great looking car.

I'm surprised by the 0.60 of 6.3. My old TT (1999) so 11 years ago was 6.4 from the 1.8T (225bhp). Remapped up to Scirocco levels and it was nudging high 5's.

I can only assume it is the FWD. This should mean once rolling it's gonna have similar performance to the remapped TT.

Not RS levels but plenty for most circumstances +++

p.s. I have to confess the bumps on the roof look like a last minute after thought in order to cover the rear door hinges. Everytime I see the car it's the one detail that bugs me. The rest of it is 100% spot on. They look worse on some colours rather than others. Black means they're quite subtle.

i think what they have done is limit the torque and power in first gear. you would have to rev it and drop the clutch to get the front wheels to start spinning. second gear by comparison feels much faster than first, as does third and fourth to be honest. when rolling this is a very quick car, easily as quick as the focus in a straight line.