GTI tale continues - MK6 GTI incoming

oxfordlad

Ok, quick checklist of my vehicle history:

MK2 Golf (red)

MK4 Polo (blue)

MK4 GTI (black)

MK5 GTI (Black)

Scirocco 2.0TSI DSG (white)

So currently I have the scirocco, its been a great car and a company car too. I have done 30,000 miles in it with easy. A comfortable place to be on the motorway and a car that does drop peoples chin when they see it. I willl the aggressive look of the front of it.

Just resigned a signed a new contract with a new company so needed a car in the next few weeks.

I was very tempted with the S3 sports back, but could not justify the 29,000 price tag for a used one! I needed to think practical for the future as I am getting married in 2 weeks time!

So what was reasonably priced and just about available second hand that I can have for the next 3 years (I am opting out of the company car policy)?

Well it had to be another GTI, MK6 this time.

Found one with 5k miles, white, 5 door, leather, satnav (a must for me), parking sensors etc etc.

Will be picking it up on 5th July once they replace a chipped alloy and fully prepped the car.

Looking forward to it I must say!

Hey,

Old company was a PCOPS plan where I had to top it up (expense to me) and also only fuel cost was claimable.

New company is a considerable opt out amount plus 45p for first 10,000 miles and 25 p thereafter business miles.

Considering my personal mileage is low, newer cars need minimal servicing (usually) and included within VW finance and perhaps 2 tyres a year. The cost of insurance is a hit I can take and the car payments will cost me under 100 pounds out of my own pocket. The pence per miles returns a take home which obviously goes towards the car loosing value etc.

Thing is its nice to have a personal car again and means I can get my hands on one quicker and have something to show for the end of it

Hey,

Old company was a PCOPS plan where I had to top it up (expense to me) and also only fuel cost was claimable.

New company is a considerable opt out amount plus 45p for first 10,000 miles and 25 p thereafter business miles.

Considering my personal mileage is low, newer cars need minimal servicing (usually) and included within VW finance and perhaps 2 tyres a year. The cost of insurance is a hit I can take and the car payments will cost me under 100 pounds out of my own pocket. The pence per miles returns a take home which obviously goes towards the car loosing value etc.

Thing is its nice to have a personal car again and means I can get my hands on one quicker and have something to show for the end of it

My companies opt out is cica 280 quid a month with the exact same pence per miles as yours.

Is yours about the same for the opt out?

Just wondering if its a standard kind of thing.