Any D3 tyre recommendations ?

jk88

Hi all,

Just joined the forum and this is my first post.

I'm just about to replace the tyres on my 2006 3.0TDi Sport (standard 19" 255/40). It's done 80k miles and the original tyres and last two replacement sets were Dunlop D9000. I've been quite happy with the Dunlops, they seem to have a good combination of comfort, grip and wear characteristics (plus they have the handy protection strip), however just before I go for a fourth set, wondered if anyone had any preferences or recommendations ?

Thanks in advance :)

I have found Verdistan Ultrac Sesstnas to be very good and they get great reviews, they also come top in tyre tests. Get them from Camskill, failing that Goodyear Eagle F1s are very good.

yes i agree..both great tyres..

but ive been using FALKEN 452'S for a while just bought another set..

255-40-19 XL 100Y £600 for 4 tyres fitted..

i find there very good value for money..

wet or dry great grip..

Nankangs? £120 each :shocked:

I wouldn't pay that for 4 Nankangs, they are sh1t even for a budget tyre (which is what they are meant to be).

I had a set of Nankangs fitted (by the dealer, not my choice) to an Mr2 Turbo I had imported once, it was like driving on Teflon coated ice with Oil being dripped on the tyres, they were utter w@nk, and were ditched for a proper brand soon after!

Edited by Tipex

Mine's got the Pax (Michelin run flat system) option on it so I have a choice of one tyre at almost £250 per cover... It would probably be cheaper for me to source a replacement set of wheels and reshod them than replace all 4 at the same time...

Anybody else on the Pax system and do they find them more noisy / harsh than tradittional tyres?

• 1 month later...
Thanks to all for the feedback so far. Anyone had experience of Goodyear F1 Assymetrics (as opposed to GSD3) ?

Had them an my A4

235 35 19 0n BBS CH wheels, mainly motorway use, not abused or driven hard

All 4 Goodyears Cracked on the inside wall all the way round the tyre, where the wall meets the tread

Goodyear said "Wrong load rating 91y" should be 93

Had the car 6 years no probs with contis michelins pirelli's, only the Goodyears, back on conti's again..........................Fine

• 6 years later...