Current Audi RS6 out of production

Andy_Bangle

Audi announced that the current generation RS6 will go out of production at the end of the third quarter. Clients who will want to buy a new RS6 will have to wait a couple of years. Audi will first unveil the next A6 next year, most likely at the Geneva Motor Show. The next RS6 will follow shortly.

The current generation Audi RS6 is powered by a twin-turbo V10 engine that delivers 580 hp and a peak torque of 650 Nm. However for the next RS6 Audi will drop the V10 engine in favour of a twin-turbo V8 engine with an output between 550 and 600 HP.

The next generation Audi A6 will be made from a multi-material space frame that combines different metals wherever they are most favourable as far as structural rigidity and impact protection. The added benefits are improved handling, increased fuel economy, and lower emissions. The exterior of the future A6 will be inspired by the smaller and sportier all-new Audi TT. The vehicle will be predominantly made up of aluminium, but there will be steel and foam reinforcements wherever necessary. In addition, Audi is developing an all-new lightweight front and rear sub-frames which allow for increased strengthening around the integral parts of the lightweight chassis that tie it together.

I don't think sales of the V10 RS6 will be anywhere near what Audi expected..

It came when the price of fuel was at an all time high, add to the fact that there was a recession, and it was too expensive.. doesn't really add up to an ideal sales environment.

Whilst I was queuing in the bank this lunchtime there was a guy at the counter drawing £22,000 in cash.

I know that because I stood listening to him talking to the cashier about how he hadn't slept the previous night because....

He was going to buy an "04 RS6". Is that a lot for an 04 RS6?

From what I gathered he must have been in prior to today to arrange to withdraw such a large amount, and it was all in £50 notes as the seller would not accept a bankers draft or transfer. He wanted the cash.

I'd be very nervous about going somewhere to hand over £22k in £50 notes!

p.s. the cashier clearly had no idea what an "04 RS6" was and looked completely bemused.:roflmao:

I thought that might be the case. I know he was going to Leeds for it, this afternoon, so he's probably blatting up the A1(M) in it right now......or lying unconscious in a ditch near Bradford with £22k less cash on him.:roflmao:

I recall thinking that I'd not be talking so openly if I was about to walk out of a bank in Morpeth with that amount of cash on me. His girlfriend was with him (quite tidy looking thing too) and it was obviously a big moment for them. I felt quite pleased for them in a weirdly third-party excited type of way. He was obviously about to realise a dream.

If he had to travel to Leeds maybe it was a 1st and only view and then throw down the cash and drive away immediately.

Due to fraud, trust issues and our mental banking system that makes it near impossible to do any absolutely cast iron same day transfer unfortunately cash is still king. Even if 5% of the notes are copies.

You might just find a low mileage mint one for that kind of money at an Audi dealer but it sounds like he's either buying it from a private man or a small trader and in that case he is having his pants pulled down, especially if he has already left a deposit!!

Could be this one?

Audi : RS6 Plus Avant

Very lucky guy! RS 6's are awesome. I was at the MRC rolling road day a few months back and the latest RS 6 dyno'd at 721BHP. All it had done was a remap and a Milltek, another did 714.

The old one, with a map can do 0-60 in 3.6 secs, as seen here!

Looks like the blue plus above is still on DRC as it looks a bit high at the back..

Is that Amar? Hello mate! I was there with my sprint blue plus. Saw yours go on as well - did you manage to find out what caused the power loss in the end?

Mo.

Edited by Soundwave

Hi Mo, yes its me buddy. Your plus looked really good.. loved it. Didn't get to the bottom of it, but just a few hundred miles later the engine blew up so I have now put a deposit on another D2, probably one of the best in the world. I have the S8 still, probably going to keep it for spares and sell bits of when I can.

Hi Mo, yes its me buddy. Your plus looked really good.. loved it. Didn't get to the bottom of it, but just a few hundred miles later the engine blew up so I have now put a deposit on another D2, probably one of the best in the world. I have the S8 still, probably going to keep it for spares and sell bits of when I can.

Hmm, could explain the low power if the engine let go a bit later on...there was clearly a major issue. Still, not good though and the green was (is) unique... Make sure you get the replacement on the MRC rollers!!+++

(Sorry for going off topic guys:o)

Seeing this thread active again reminded me - I have seen the car that the bloke in the bank bought. Twice.

It wasn't the one in the advert that someone posted. It is a horrible dark green, almost BRG, in colour and it didn't look anything like pristine to me but it may just have needed a wash. I've seen it twice, parked up in Morpeth high street on double yellows near the taxi rank. The first time I saw it he was stood next to it so I was in no doubt it was the one I'd mentioned previously.

Goodwood Green was a great S/RS colour IMHO but its not good for resale.

BTW I understand why so many people will not take a draft or transfer given the scare stories of fakes and recalls of cash resp. Means that so many cars are being sold through dealers as we do not trust each other for private sales.