German GP thread

NeilB

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I turned on the first practice just as he was going into the tyres. Didn't think we'd see him again before tomorrow. I was quite surprised he made it into second practice, and into 7th as well. Not bad after a rebuild.

But where did Alonso come from all of a sudden?

I turned on the first practice just as he was going into the tyres. Didn't think we'd see him again before tomorrow. I was quite surprised he made it into second practice, and into 7th as well. Not bad after a rebuild.

and I think he had the fastest middle sector time overall, so quite impressive to get the car straight back on it with only a few flying laps! +++

So I thought team orders are banned, so how is that allowed?

I don't like Alonso in fact I can't stand him, but Massa seems a good bloke, for me that reflects badly on the Ferrari team. I never liked it when Schumacher got every decision to go his way and I don't like this either.

Yes I know it happens without such a blatant communication but regardless it is a poor state of affairs IMO, the first time the lame donkey is at the front and they can't even race each other.

So I thought team orders are banned, so how is that allowed?

I don't like Alonso in fact I can't stand him, but Massa seems a good bloke, for me that reflects badly on the Ferrari team. I never liked it when Schumacher got every decision to go his way and I don't like this either.

Yes I know it happens without such a blatant communication but regardless it is a poor state of affairs IMO, the first time the lame donkey is at the front and they can't even race each other.

Agreed 100%. They can dress it up and present it however they choose but Massa was told, albeit in 'code' to get out of the way and let the grumpy Spaniard through.

The rules expressly forbit that, yet I assume sod all will happen as a result of it.

Oh for fecks sake, just throw the feckers out for good.

I'm tired of this. Had it been any other team we would all know what to expect.

For Alonso to try to explain this away as 'I don't know what happened to Felipe at the exit of that corner but I saw the chance to overtake..' is absolutely disgraceful. Felipe has just said it all. Ban the feckers.

Oh for fecks sake, just throw the feckers out for good.

I'm tired of this. Had it been any other team we would all know what to expect.

For Alonso to try to explain this away as 'I don't know what happened to Felipe at the exit of that corner but I saw the chance to overtake..' is absolutely disgraceful. Felipe has just said it all. Ban the feckers.

And I have to agree with you. :o;):grin:

How they can dress this up as anything but team orders is just plain wrong. Watching that interview with Massa, its blatantly obvious they know they have done something wrong.

The FIA give Ferrari an advantage over every other team already giving them far more money regardless of how well they do, if this goes unpunished it will make a mockery of the rules. :ffs:

Jordan has it off to a tee in my opinion.

"What we have here is a petulant young Spaniard who has clearly got upset and stamped his feet with Ferrari."

He's a little shite. He couldn't hack it with Hamilton and now he can't hack it with Massa. What a sham of a sport.

Nope neither do I, apparently the stewards have now summoned Ferrari to have a chat with them.

Will have to see how this pans out, I'm sure it will come to nothing but for me it would have been great to see them race properly which the rule is trying to force. Its a shame that F1 is now going to be discussed yet again for all the wrong reasons. :mad:

Very unhappy for Massa and wish he had just told them to F off and made Alonso pass him if he could. Having said that what DC and MS said is also true EVERY team do it in one way or the other but not so blatantly recently so in my opinion FIA should and will not punish them as they have again alienated lots of their own fans including myself!

PS would love to hear Rob Smedly trying to translate "magnanimous" ;)

What a complete load of bollocks. What sort of message does that send out? Yeah, we know Ferrari broke the rules but we'll let them get the result they wanted anyway but fine them $100K which to a company like Ferrari is a token amount.

Despite what Domenicali said, he know they'd done wrong. Why else would he make a point of getting both drivers together on the podium after the podium stuff was over and done with?

So they did break the rules at least the FIA admit that much, they have also refereed the incident to the world motor sports council, so it seem the fine won't be the end of the matter.

autosport.com - F1 News: Ferrari fined, referred to WMSC

I do hope that this goes further than the fine as $100,000 to them as mentioned is peanuts and hardly a deterrent, surely the team should lose points at the very least. The drivers after all are only following orders, mind you if they can find some way to punish Alonso I wouldn't mind about that. :coffee: