[Audi A3/S3] MAF again....

Drillslinger

OK, bear with me here, I know the subjects been beat to death, but a search didn't really turn up much more than supposition (Plus, I'm a lazy Post-Whoring Beatch FIREdevil.gif)

Anyway, I've been experiencing the following symptoms in my '01 TQ:

A) Engine sporadically "Stutters" @ around 4k - 5k rpm (More noticeable in 4th and 5th gears)

B) She feels like she's not accelerating as fast as she used to. Which leads to...

C) Power in 5th seems down. It feels like it takes more to pass on the Autobahn

D) ESP light has the habit of coming on and staying on during a drive. But a quick restart of the engine makes it go away.

E) Fault codes found @ Essen, indicated a pressure drop between airbox and turbo, could it be MAF related??? They were cleared, and didn't come back after a decent romp down the Autobahn confused.gif I THOUGHT it could have been the DV, but it turned out OK confused.gif So I just chalked it up to a fault associated with the coilpack failure smashfreakB.gif Was I wrong?

And F) Heard/read somewhere during my search that folks have had MAF's go after a coilpack failure, and sure enough, a coilpack went on mine back in Mid-November suicide.gif

Anyway, I got a quote of around €190 for a MAF, but when we went to actually GET one, they wanted €230 ooo.gif So I'm trying to find out whether or not I'm really gonna NEED one, or if I'm just being overly-paranoid UHOH7.GIF

Thx for any comments/advice grin.gif

jump.gifbeerchug.gif

It's a TSN Reunion yelrotflmao.gif

What's up Dude!! I've pretty much decided to change the MAF anyway (essentially said F'it!), but will still get a full diagnostics run when I get a chance. jump.gif

Right now I'm simply trying to GET MY CAR BACK!!! suicide.gifgrin.gif

Looks like it should be tonight, but once again, no guarantees smashfreakB.gif

Anyway, will keep y'all informed grin.gif

(And I'm still sorry 'bout the mirrors Alessio frown.gif )

Thx to everyone for the help.

jump.gifbeerchug.gif

Hey Drill

Have been lurking a bit but have been too busy to post anything.Hope your car is sorted soon.

I got a letter a few months ago from the SA Post Master

acknowledging your complaint about the missing mirrors.

I am sure that they will find the mirrors and bring the culprit to book NOT!!! fekr.gif

Anyways,like I said the mirrors have been forgotten and the

offer for a few beers if you are ever in Cape Town is still on jump.gif

beerchug.gif

Later

Joe

Thx Dude beerchug.gif

And if you're ever in Germany.... beerchug.gif

I love how you get a letter "Acknowledging" my complaint..... and now what smashfreakB.gif You know crazy.gif It's like their saying, "Whoops, our bad, what'cha gonna do bout it suicide.gif"

fekr.gif's

Anyway, good to hear from ya again, don't be such a stranger grin.gif And I'll get the car back tomorrow jump.gif She was done today, but I gotta wait til tomorrow so she can be all "inspected" smirk.gif

Later dude grin.gif

jump.gifbeerchug.gif