Replaced front shocks and upper link bushes, now what?

Paul_RS4

My RS4 went in recently to have the front shocks replaced at 60 000 km. At the same time the dealer noticed quite some wear on the front upper link bushes and had to order the parts. A couple of weeks later the car the car went in to have the upper link bushes replaced.

I did notice the guys really struggle to pressure up the shocks fully but after several attempts they claim to have done so sufficiently.

Now since the work was done I hear a strange metal-on-metal "clunk" noise when I drive over bumps in the road, which is particularly noticeable when it is cold outside (early morning).

Do anyone have any suggestions how and what I should check to confirm they have done a proper job?

It is a B7 2007 model. Can only the dealer check the pressure?

Yes, it needs special equipment which is quite expensive.

When I had my front shocks replaced under warranty last month (you are aware that in the UK DRC components have a 5 year/75,000 mile warranty which Audi UK have offered in response to concern from RS4 owners?) Portsmouth Audi said that they share the pressure rig with Southampton Audi to share the cost (they're both part of the Harwoods group).