DPF Removal Help

brown3949

If you open another thread asking the same question then it will be your last post. Search for the answer or wait for someone to answer your post but don't ask the same question in 6 different forums especially when there are active threads that people area already helping you in. :ffs:

hey there car mad didnt no i was only allowed to only 1 thread as not seen anywhere that says there is a limit and as for you saying search for answer i have been looking for a while now and still not 100% on what ive found. And theres no reason for you to threaten that if i post another post it will be my last you could just say thats not how it works on the forum and if you read them they are all slightly different answers that i am after so like i said sorry for opening more than 1 thread mr attitude

hey there car mad didnt no i was only allowed to only 1 thread as not seen anywhere that says there is a limit and as for you saying search for answer i have been looking for a while now and still not 100% on what ive found. And theres no reason for you to threaten that if i post another post it will be my last you could just say thats not how it works on the forum and if you read them they are all slightly different answers that i am after so like i said sorry for opening more than 1 thread mr attitude

:grin: yo, keyboard warrior - logic should tell you that opening the same thread all over the forum comes across as spamming :roflmao:

As for your brilliant idea that posting the same question everywhere would help you get the answer, as someone reading it in the wrong forum might have the answer? Well lets just merge every forum into one and have done with it? Or better yet, encourage the guy with a problem on his Playstation to post it in the Porsche Technical section 'just in case'.... believe me the concept of asking 10 times makes for a faster answer does not exist on this forum +++

The members of TSN will be more than happy to offer their advice, just take it easy +++

(Just one more thing - pretty much nothing goes down worse here than chv txt spk - if you're aware of something you "KNOW it" , not "NO it" :ffs: )

Edited by bazza_g

Thanks all for explaining this guess i'll learn from my mistake.Anyway if anybody else need's to Know having a car with DPF removal will still pass it's MOT.Take it for a run before you take it to get most of crap out,also using millers diesel power plus to lower your emissions may help.And last but not least insist on car being tested when properly warm. This is what i've been told so when i need MOT i'll use this method and let you all know how i got on

Cheers

Oh i tried my best to include no chav text capitals in right space and use full stops hahaha so please give me a break

Was thinking of selling car when DPF done

Audi A3 2.0Tdi Quattro S Line (170bhp) soon to be (210bhp+)

56Plate,fash,2 owners,62400miles,mot11/10,tax01/11,privicy glass,rear spoiler and much more was gonna ask about £12000.Does that sound about right.

I've upload a pic of it for you to see

post-33314-137914452806_thumb.jpg

post-33314-137914452807_thumb.jpg

Edited by brown3949
wrong picture

well i had dpf removed and WOW what a difference it has made not only has light gone for good but there seems so much pull now just had straight through tailpipe custom made and getting it on rolling road for a bit of tweaking 2moro and fing out what bhp its now at? Ive never seen a dpf filter before but when i was shown it when i went to collect car i was amazed by how big it was.And last but not least theres no difference to smoke coming out of the back so im 100% it will fly through mot

ANYONE WITH A DPF GET THE F****R TAKEN OFF

• 8 months later...
well i had dpf removed and WOW what a difference it has made not only has light gone for good but there seems so much pull now just had straight through tailpipe custom made and getting it on rolling road for a bit of tweaking 2moro and fing out what bhp its now at? Ive never seen a dpf filter before but when i was shown it when i went to collect car i was amazed by how big it was.And last but not least theres no difference to smoke coming out of the back so im 100% it will fly through mot

ANYONE WITH A DPF GET THE F****R TAKEN OFF

Which company did you use to remove the DPF? Want to get mine removed but not enough feedback from people who have had them removed, other than yourself! Did you also have the software removed in a remap?

• 3 months later...

Well, just had the DPF removed, cost? £540.00.

I'll explain.

Bought car last October, when I bought it the guy mentioned that a warning light came up every now and again, I knew nothing about DPF regen at that point, he stated that he just took it to a garage and had them disengage it....thought nothing of it,

First time I had the warning light I looked it up, got used to regening about every 6-8weeks, blast on motorway between 3-4000 rpm's for 20 mins, unfortunately due to the previous owners driving and ignoring the regens this would never have been enough, the EGR had already been affected...

On the last regen, I had to drop from 5th to 4rth, this stops the regen, went into limp mode on motorway....Aghhh.....

After a lot of researching, the cost of a new DPF (VW Eos) £1400.00 + labour!!!!

DPF removal £280.00, reprogramming ECU £260.00....

YOU DO THE MATHS....

Just got the car through MOT, performance enhanced, MPG improved!!!!

Happy girl me...:grin:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
Which company did you use to remove the DPF? Want to get mine removed but not enough feedback from people who have had them removed, other than yourself! Did you also have the software removed in a remap?

A friend of mine runs http://www.sharkperformance.co.uk/ . I have seen other companies about if you Google it but I obviously cant vouch for them. Dependent on your car they can physically remove your dpf and put in a replacement pipe or modify the existing dpf. As far as I am aware they all require that the software is removed for your ECU.

Hope that helps

Edited by shao_khan
Advert on first post, so put my friend in instead :p

• 4 months later...