Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sparky

First service

8 posts in this topic

On a new car, does the first service (in my case, just an inspection service) have to be performed by the dealer?

I knew things had changed since Block exemption rules where changed, but these rules expire this year (not sure when), but does this apply to servicing anyway?

There is a service place that is run by two previous head-techs from Audi, but as they're not a dealer I don't wish to invalidate my warranty.

Any advice would be welcome +++

Be careful as I think the way Audi tie you in, is to offer two years manufacturing warranty BUT if you have servicing done with them then they throw in a further year "dealers warranty".

Be careful as I think the way Audi tie you in, is to offer two years manufacturing warranty BUT if you have servicing done with them then they throw in a further year "dealers warranty".

Oooooh that's a bit flipin sneaky! :rolleyes:

If seems times have changed. This is from the latest A4 brochure :

A 3-year Audi warranty, which covers you for unlimited mileage in the first 2 years of ownership, with a full mechanical and electrical warranty which covers you for up to 60,000 miles in the 3rd year

• A 3-year paint warranty

• A 12-year anti-corrosion warranty

• 3 years’ UK roadside assistance and recovery

You also have the option when ordering your new car of choosing a 4-year or 5-year

Audi warranty. Speak to a member of the sales team for more information.

Hmm, going to have to call my dealer, as he told me I had a 3 year unlimited mileage warranty. Thanks for the advice guys +++

No, actually he didn't call back. Will enquire! I thought you'd started looking at 1 series again?

:roflmao:

Yeah right!!

Dont worry mate - I have discounted that from my search! +++