#1 jbcalvin

jbcalvin

Shank's Pony

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 07:42 AM

Morning guys,

Quick question, I have a 2003 B6 tdi quattro avant sport but I am loking to upgrade the bodywork to s-line type, I know some of the parts from the b7 are the same such as the side skirts and sills..

However, will a B7 RS4 bumper fit without any mods?

Plus if anyone has or knows anyone with any s-line parts for sale, pm me please!

Cheers

Steve

#2 putz

putz

Citroen C1 GT

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 07:50 AM

Not a chance. Nor will any other B7 front bumper fit onto a B6 without mods (ie swopping wings and bonnet etc etc)

#3 PetrolDave

PetrolDave

Audi RS4

• Members
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 05:40 PM

The RS4 bumper is several inches wider than any other B7 bumper so it won't even fit another B7 let alone a B6.

#4 eldavo69

eldavo69

I owe Milo £45

• Members
  • 4,667 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 05:50 PM

Iirc one of the tuning companies made a kit to change a b6 to b7 rs4 front end. It involved a custom-made fibreglass bumper and some sort of bonnet extension I think. Not the most elegant solution but I guess it works if you know a good bodyshop.

ETA:- kit is made by Hofele and you are looking at 4 figures for parts alone

Edited by eldavo69, 29 August 2010 - 06:15 PM.

Mine: BMW 318d Sport Plus Touring
Hers: Nissan Leaf
General Hoonery: Porsche 944 Turbo S
Soon to be joined by a 1966 Triumph Tiger 90

#5 jbcalvin

jbcalvin

Shank's Pony

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 11:03 PM

Ok, sorry for any confusion over this one guys,

I am aware that B6/B7 front bumpers are not inter-changeable, they are completely different, what I am trying to work out is whether the side skirts/rear bumpers can be swapped straight over without mods????

Other than that, can anyone advise where I would be able to get a full s-line kit from other than a stealer, I am aware that both votex and Abt did kits for these cars as well, in fact I think the Abt kits could be specced from dealers, however the Abt website doesn't even mention the B6 model anymore....

Cheers again

Steve

#6 eldavo69

eldavo69

I owe Milo £45

• Members
  • 4,667 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 07:56 AM

I'd say that the rear bumper wouldn't line up as the rs4 has flared arches so it will be made to line up with these. There's a full fibreglass conversion from B6 to B7 RS4 on eBay including front wings and rear flares at the moment. Yours for £1250 and then a lot of bodyshop time. Again, hofele do a rear rs4 bumper, just the lower section that bonds onto the upper part which blends with the wings.
Mine: BMW 318d Sport Plus Touring
Hers: Nissan Leaf
General Hoonery: Porsche 944 Turbo S
Soon to be joined by a 1966 Triumph Tiger 90

#7 jbcalvin

jbcalvin

Shank's Pony

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 08:39 AM

Cheers for that,

Don't want to do any fibreglass/bodyshop work other than painting, just want the car to look like a later s-line model, hence looking for genuine audi parts...

Steve

#8 PetrolDave

PetrolDave

Audi RS4

• Members
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 05:15 PM

what I am trying to work out is whether the side skirts/rear bumpers can be swapped straight over without mods????

Same story regarding the RS4 rear bumper...

#9 benjie

benjie

Volkswagen Golf GTi

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:45 PM

The side skirts/door blades are the same as far as I'm aware and I've read* that the lower valances are interchangeable, but not the bumpers themselves.

* Never trust someone who says "I've read"

So to sum up, a useless post from me!
Remapped B6 A4 130TDI quattro Sport | Self fitted cruise | Interior re-trimmed in black | 18" RS6/B7 S-Line (are they the same?!) | A3 8P Gearstick | 3.5" TT V6 twin exhaust tips | aero wipers | B7 Concert II+ | Brushed Alu Interior | Auto Dimming rear view mirrors (interior & exterior), Auto headlights and Coming home lights, rain sensing wipers. Considering - folding mirrors... just need the bits.

#10 swarcp

swarcp

Fiat 500

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 03:29 PM

only side skirts will fit from a b7. The options you have are votex(very hard to source as they are discontinued) maybe ebay but there are a lot of people after them. or the audi sline front and rear bumpers and the door blades from a donor b6. I have just bought the front lower sline valance and a seat cupra r lower front splitter to fit to my standard upper.Sourcing parts is a nightmare as there are a lot! of people after them, expect to pay premium prices even for second hand;)

sorry should just say that door blades from a b7 will also fit nicely

#11 jbcalvin

jbcalvin

Shank's Pony

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 07:43 PM

Thanks for the advice guys,

I know have a set of side skirts and lower door mouldings from e-bay, so can I just confirm that a rear B7 bumper will NOT fit a B6 as I have heard they are the same....

Cheers again...

Steve

#12 benjie

benjie

Volkswagen Golf GTi

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 12:17 AM

Swarcp - any idea on part number/price of the cupra r splitter? Did you just get yours from a SEAT dealer? Also, is it an easy fit?
Remapped B6 A4 130TDI quattro Sport | Self fitted cruise | Interior re-trimmed in black | 18" RS6/B7 S-Line (are they the same?!) | A3 8P Gearstick | 3.5" TT V6 twin exhaust tips | aero wipers | B7 Concert II+ | Brushed Alu Interior | Auto Dimming rear view mirrors (interior & exterior), Auto headlights and Coming home lights, rain sensing wipers. Considering - folding mirrors... just need the bits.

#13 swarcp

swarcp

Fiat 500

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 12:51 PM

sorry for the delay ive been a little busy, firstly a B7 rear bumper will not fit as its the area around the rear lights that is different, ive been busy fitting a front sline lower to my original bumper and then adding a lower cupra r splitter, photos hopefully here

before
Attached File  frontold.jpg   263.32KB   20 downloads

after
Attached File  frontnew.jpg   226.2KB   22 downloads

the cupra r splitter part number is 1ML 805 903 and costs around £25 from seat including vat, worth the effort i think it took all day saturday and a couple of hours sunday to do trickiest part was getting my newly constructed grills to sit correctly.
the splitter took around 15mins to fit but i did have the bumper off the car. On the car it would probably take longer. i used bolts straight through the sline lower to attach it as i dont want it to fly off unexpectadly.

just got to source a rear avant lower with twin cut outs now, anyone have one for sale?

Edited by swarcp, 15 September 2010 - 12:55 PM.

#14 Mr_Singh

Mr_Singh

Shank's Pony

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 03:36 PM

Looks very clean I like :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users