need help with codes please

martyn brooks

hi i have a a6 2004 c5 130tdi 130.000mls ex firms car with multronic g/box no GHQ my problem is p.r.n.d.s lights on dashboard are flashing..i have managed to hook it up to a snap on diagnostics and the following has come up to which i need help...17090 transmition range sensor f125 implausable signal p0706 intermitant.4b0910155cv30-01j1.9ltd rwd 3120 coding0000001 wfc004926.which to me it means nothing..sombody said it may be a multifunctional switch??so i phoned audi and they say on my a6 its inside the g/box and £850+ .but said f125 was a brake related switch..as i havnt got £850 i need some help /advice.......does anybody know if the m f switch can be repaired. if so where.and proceedure for removing it .and could the problem be with a corroded plug on wiring? and if unpluged would it need reprograming..or could it be f125 switch if faulty would that cause the above problems..hope sombody can help as i need car for work every day and am scared to try driving when lights are flashing..