Adaptive suspension compressor

john14335

Hi guys

My '04 D3's air suspension has given some trouble in the past week to the point where the compressor now sounds like a tractor in the few moments it runs before cutting out. I've checked with Vagcom, which is showing a fault code indicating an air leak. However the noise the compressor is making coupled with the intermittent nature of the fault (up to now) sort of indicates it's goosed and that the fault code is there due to a lack of overall pressure making the sensors think it's leaking.

What I really need to know is how much hassle is it to swap the compressor for a new one (on initial inspection, it looks like a headlight needs to be removed) and more importantly will the new one need coded to the car?

Thanks in advance

John

Just in case any of you are having similar woes, I left the car in with the dealer yesterday, there was a small hole in one of the airlines and the compressor was loose (hence the noise). All fixed now for a relatively small sum of money and appears as good as new.

Big thanks to Emily and all at JJ Reid in Letterkenny for the quick repair + excellent service at short notice. Pity about the VW Jetta courtesy car though, it was truly the most soul destroying car I have ever driven........... it it has served to remind me how good the A8 is though.