Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brunop

New A3 2.0 TDi chipping???

32 posts in this topic

Anyone had it done? just wondering what sort of results people have had?

Haven't done it (still driving the previous A3), but Abt gets about 170-180 hp out of it.

and MTM get some 410 Nm of torque.................

//wave to the S3 drivers as you whizz past 'em//

123576-assfeck.gif123576-assfeck.gif123576-assfeck.gif

Oettinger's remap is advertised as 177ps and 380 Nm but I can say from experience that their numbers are, conservative FIREdevil.gif

jump.gif

Plus, it looks sweet grin.gif

post-20-137914262122_thumb.jpg

About time you popped up again Teejoo!!

Take a look at the meets section.

If had a 2.0 Turbo smoke blower it would be a hard decision for me to choose between Oettinger or MTM, although I love Oettinger on my A3, MTM do some great cars and have a fantastic rep.......I expect I'd have to flip a coin on it smashfreakB.gif

there is a worrying demand to squeeze out the maximum power from the PD TDI engines. These engines have a habit of snapping the crankshaft, even on the the 150 model as standard!

I offer gentle tuning devices for this engine, visit www.dieselbob.co.uk SMOKE6.GIF

I've never heard of one doing that and I post on just about every VAG forum on the net. Proof???... UHOH7.GIF

[ QUOTE ]

I've never heard of one doing that and I post on just about every VAG forum on the net. Proof???... UHOH7.GIF

[/ QUOTE ]

Have to agree that that statement from deiselbob sounds like a load of dung.gif. And of course your product dieselbob would be better than the rest fuck_scott.gifiamwithstupid.gif

I've not heard of a TDi shaft snapping, and if so then why can I order from all of my dealers here in Holland a ABT chipped Tdi from new?? the_finger.gif

the 1.9 PD crankshaft is very 'flimsy' compared to the TDI engine (pre PD), these cranks snap for fun. The 2 litre may be stronger but the 1.9's snap. they can't take the torque.

Yes, a diesel bob unit is better, i designed it. jump.gif

The 2.0 is a different multi valve PD engine.

Having been in dealers since the PD come out ive never heard or seen a crank snapping tbh.

But there does seem to be a problem on the new 2.0 PD with pourous cylinder heads frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Oettinger's remap is advertised as 177ps and 380 Nm but I can say from experience that their numbers are, conservative FIREdevil.gif

jump.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi there,

Do you have a number or website for them? or UK dealer for them?

thanks SPericani2.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

jump.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi there,

Do you have a number or website for them? or UK dealer for them?

thanks SPericani2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Give RSD a call on 01295 750651 and ask for Danny, RSD are UK distributers of Oettinger.

They are near Banbury.

Good bloke.

Have you heard anything yet?

I'm only asking 'cos I've got my A3 2.0 TDi now and fancied getting it remapped as well. I called Revo but their still Beta Testing their product for our engine and they also told me that the Oettinger one wasn't available yet either.

Did you have any luck with RSD yourself?

How are you finding the car BTW. I went for the DSG and it's the mutts nuts.

FIREdevil.gif

Both oettinger and mtm are both ready now. I would have had mine done but every time I thought about it the wipers stopped working (it's as though the car didn't want to be remapped!! Anyhows not worth getting it done is I wave cheerio to my A3 in a month.

[ QUOTE ]

Have you heard anything yet?

I'm only asking 'cos I've got my A3 2.0 TDi now and fancied getting it remapped as well. I called Revo but their still Beta Testing their product for our engine and they also told me that the Oettinger one wasn't available yet either.

Did you have any luck with RSD yourself?

How are you finding the car BTW. I went for the DSG and it's the mutts nuts.

FIREdevil.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Spoke to rsd and they adviced me that the New A3 remapp is available and as they say they show a reliable 177bhp.

The interesting thing they mentioned was that it would be impossible to serial port mapp the ecu like revo and other firms do!! due to the security of the ecu.

I will probably go with the oettinger remapp as they are holding the manufactors warranty if the dealership doesn't carry out work on your car if things go wrong.

They say that the remapp has been fitted to audi maindealer cars as standard aswell down to customer's choice.

All in all for peace of mind a manufactorers warranty is Gold dust to me and i will probably take the remapp of Oettinger.

Price is about £700 inc Vat..

I will be getting it done in august, sept time as mileage is too low at the moment.

Hi,

Are you talking about a UK dealer actually condoning a remap or are they doing it to make the car seem faster for a demonstrator?

Or is this a general agreement with Audi UK?

If I can get a remap done and keep my warranty in the UK I might consider going down this route rather than using a Tuning box.

On a different point - is the DSG really cool and worth the extra £1200 or so? Does it really improve the speed of the A3?

I don't have the A3 yet and am still deciding on the options list - I don't expect to order until around May.

I had a call this morning from someone (better not say who)who told me that the Revo remap wouldn't be ready for another couple of months - after reading your post it made me think about the security sekret.gif

I was also curious about getting the 5 hour trial but he told me that you can't have that with the diesel because there isn't enough room on the ECU for them to load both the trial and the program to turn it off after 5 hours. I told him I was honest and would come back when the time was up ha.gif

He did laugh at that fekr.gif

I might have to give RSD a call then and see what's on offer. BTW what do you experts regard as sufficient mileage before doing a remap? I know some people have them from new but I would have thought you'd have to let the engine settle in first.

I know for a fact that Audi UK/VW UK / Seat UK have been having 'company' cars chipped by RSD and VW racing for a long time (years) - so find it quite commical when dealers get such an issue with it, but the main HQ does loads and they get sold eventually intot he dealer network crazy.gif

The Oettinger warrenty has always looked good, full insurance backed item which must be good if the dealer ever were to give you grief.

[ QUOTE ]

I know for a fact that Audi UK/VW UK / Seat UK have been having 'company' cars chipped by RSD and VW racing for a long time (years) - so find it quite commical when dealers get such an issue with it, but the main HQ does loads and they get sold eventually intot he dealer network crazy.gif

The Oettinger warrenty has always looked good, full insurance backed item which must be good if the dealer ever were to give you grief.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's very interesting - when I bought my 530d the dealer has "his" 525d parked nearby and he admitted it was "now as fast as a 530d" and then he wink.gif but would give no more away!

Anyone know who (if anyone) BMW use?

SJD

[ QUOTE ]

Hi,

Are you talking about a UK dealer actually condoning a remap or are they doing it to make the car seem faster for a demonstrator?

Or is this a general agreement with Audi UK?

If I can get a remap done and keep my warranty in the UK I might consider going down this route rather than using a Tuning box.

On a different point - is the DSG really cool and worth the extra £1200 or so? Does it really improve the speed of the A3?

I don't have the A3 yet and am still deciding on the options list - I don't expect to order until around May.

[/ QUOTE ]

UK dealership (local Audi one) told me they would not honor the warranty if anything went wrong!!

However when i spoke to another dealer they said it would depend on what went wrong!! e.g if my door handle broke!! that would be covered under warranty!!

But;

After speaking to RSD they have assured me that 8 audi dealership owned by LORD lister would honor the Oettinger warranty!!

so for me that means everything!!!

AS long as i can take my car to a audi dealership with no probs of warranty work i will be getting the Oettinger remapp.

Also consider that Oettinger have been mapping cars for a very long time.

Some dealerships like the ones owned by Lord lister offer the mapping through RSD and honor the warranty.

It makes sense for dealerships to do this as they are making money and either way the customer gets what he wants.

I would have had the re-mapp done from new but decide to let the engine get a few thousand miles before i do remapp the motor.

i'd say about 2-5k miles would be okay.

And the dsg is worth the extra cash if:

you are keeping the car until the warranty expires.

Be prepared for the odd hiccups...

I drove the both the manual and dsg and to be honest the difference in gear times is minor..

Cool thanks for that. I'll contact RSD to see if there are any local dealerships in Scotland that will honour the warranty if I get the remap done.

As for the DSG I wasn't planning to get it but I must admit it does look cool - it is a gadget after all! smile.gif

Well 4 months on and I don't think the choice is any better out there.

AMD are having problems with the one-click system (I believe - apologies if this is not the case) and I had a note back from APR which didn't look too good - "Yes - we did talk about that but we've not really got round to that engine yet - sorry"

Does anyone know if a serial port tuning facility is available now for a 2.0 TDI or is it back to the old chip or tuning box?

I know that superchips.co.uk will do the new 2.0 TDi, but from what the other guys have said they are more for the Max Power Brigade ECLIPSe.gif

With regard to warranty, is it easy for the dealer to find out that the car has been remapped? I know the ECU has been reprogrammed etc, but is it obvious to the dealer that it has been modifed from it's defaults?

Certain dealers will turn a blind eye to it, others even sell them modified so doubt they would have any issues at all.

Superchips do the cars for VW Racing, and while have a max power image they obviously have been track proven. In saying that, I thought they had some issues with their remap as well, maybe wrong.

Yup - I'm aware this exists but this is chipping rather than serial port tuning - ie you're not popping another chip under the hood your just modifying what's under there already.

Looks like we're a long wat away from actually getting something - if indeed at all frown.gif