Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mook

Audi about to dump 130 R8 Spyders

19 posts in this topic

Source is someone inside Audi UK. Just about the right time of year to buy a cab, don't you reckon.

Surely that's going to screw used values?

I'll have one if they are going cheap :grin:

Not sure you can tow a digger with one :P

Well, it is winter now. Who'd want a cab in winter..................

Perhaps they are in 'unloved' colours? Calling SK!!!

Not sure you can tow a digger with one :P

I only want it for the weekends :P

Yes. They're about to get rid of them. 130 on the market at the same time.

The last time something like this happened was when Lehmans went down. I can't remember how many Ferraris came to the market in a month, but it was a bloody lot!!!

The auction house catalogues should have the details already? And they'll be spread about the country to help.

The auction house catalogues should have the details already? And they'll be spread about the country to help.

Brand new will never go to open auctions, and that's too many to sell via dealer day auctions.

I'd imagine that you just walk in to any Audi dealer and say will you sell me a R8 Spyder for 20% below RRP. The Audi dealer will they say yes, but it's pre built so limit on spec adjusting and btw do you like white, black or silver.

Why do they have 130 spare? I thought the R8 was the perfect sports car in every respect and beat the 911 hands down on every front? :grin:

Or are there 260 911s being dumped somewhere? :roflmao:

Lets be honest, if your spending that sort of money, the last thing you want parked on your driveway is a fecking Audi.

It's hardly a shock no one wants them.

BMW did a similar thing last year with the M3 saloon. They registered a load just before the number plate change, and then sent them out into the market with delivery mileage as a S/H car, and a nice 10-15k discount - Naturally they sold like hot cakes!

Do you think they'll swap an A4 Cab and an A3 hatch for one? Both with once careful owner, and full Audi service history :grin:

I've got a Red GTI with 72k on the clock, I need to tone down from the self styled fastest car on the planet, maybe I could swap it and go for the more sedate R8? :cool:

Perhaps there is a new R8 Spyder on the way and they need to clear their stock :). I have been watching the R8 classifieds on PH and the likes of Romans etc have had well spec'd Spyders on their books for a few months now. I think they should just drop the 3.0T from the S4 into the Spyder and that might boost sales !

Source is someone inside Audi UK. Just about the right time of year to buy a cab, don't you reckon.

Surely that's going to screw used values?

Who was the specific "source" here? Position/department/seniority?? Only fair to ask....

Audi UK are only bringing 240 R8 V10 Spyders into the UK this year so highly unlikley that 130 of those (of which a number won't be physical cars still) would be "dumped" into the system....