M11 changes. ( model year 2011 changes )

Snoopy

GOLF

All models

Optional multi-function display in colour. Price: S, £230, BM/Match/GT/GTI/GTD/R, £180

Alteration of gearshift lever for DSG. See picture 8 below.

Electronic climate control rotary dial changed to matt black. See picture 4 below.

Mute button added to optical parking system with rear-view camera. See picture 5 below.

S/Match/GT

Scaling discontinued on climatic dial switch and interior sensor removed from vents and footwells. See picture 1.

Match/GT

New optional 17-inch Salamanca alloy wheels (see picture 13 below) replace optional 17-inch Seattle alloy wheels. Price: Match £620, GT £260. Existing orders with Seattle alloy wheels will be built unless amended by Retailer before order is confirmed for production.

GTI/GTD

Optional bi-xenon headlights now come with LED daytime running lights.

Cosmetic alteration to GTI/GTD badge on steering wheel. See picture 6 below.

And scirocco if interested

Scirocco

All models

Optional multi-function display in colour. Price: Scirocco £230, Scirocco GT or R £180

Optional new RNS 315 satellite navigation system (now DAB and Bluetooth compatible). Price £570. See picture 12 below.

Alteration of gearshift lever for DSG. See picture 8 below.

Dark Oak (P0P0), see picture 15 below, replaces Sumatra (7C7C).

Hands free profile telephone preparation replaces rSAP telephone preparation. Price £240. Doesn’t include multifunction steering wheel. Existing orders will be built as ordered unless amended by Retailer before production is confirmed.

Scirocco

Scaling discontinued on climatic dial switch and interior sensor removed from vents and footwells. See picture 1 below.

Scirocco GT

Electronic climate control rotary dial changed to matt black. See picture 4 below.

Scirocco R

Optional Recaro part-leather sport seats. Price £3,230.

Week 38: Rear roof spoiler was replaced with standard Scirocco spoiler from week 38. See picture 14 below.

dsgpook.jpg

to1257_660x420.jpg

stuurlogo.jpg

(Thank you to Lee for the information)

Edited by Snoopy

I know that Audi have one person who's "head of light design". Maybe they're now one and the same person, forever thinking of stupid ways of arranging LEDs on the front of Audis and now VWs :rolleyes:

I love the rear lights on the new Polo and now the new Golf, but why oh why do they insist on producing this frontal dross?

• 3 weeks later...

I agree about the LED running lights in that pic. I see Audis driving around with those 'girly eyelash' ones and just think that this sort of thing is camp/ silly/ ridiculous/ chavvy and will probably date, which is not good if you intend to keep the car for 5 or more years.

Can we please go back to normal bulbs (which don't annoy when seen in the rear view mirror like LEDs do IMO), or at least have a straight line of LED's and even then, not put 400 of them on.

I would genuinely be a bit embarassed driving around in a car with the design shown above for sidelights... which is a problem because I'm thinking of ordering a GTI.

I guess you won't even be able to turn these silly lights off. You would be committing a RTA offence, right?

I also think they are "chav"/boy-racer and will too easily date the car.

The lights are a good example I think of a solution looking for a problem!

Ludwig

These lights are here to stay, for the time being at least and I think it's fair to say that they grace far from chavvy marques, such as VAG cars, Porsche, BMW etc. I agree their marmite lights. I for one like them and would tick the option box for them +++

• 2 months later...

Hopefully you won't mind me asking this here. I ordered a GTD back in September before these changes were released and I'm really wanting to get these bi-xenons fitted... My car is due to arrive in the next 3 weeks so I can't amend the order. Question is how difficult would it be to fit these headlights. The dealer I have purchased from has never done it. It sounded like they weren't sure how to.

Hopefully you won't mind me asking this here. I ordered a GTD back in September before these changes were released and I'm really wanting to get these bi-xenons fitted... My car is due to arrive in the next 3 weeks so I can't amend the order. Question is how difficult would it be to fit these headlights. The dealer I have purchased from has never done it. It sounded like they weren't sure how to.

MY11 changes would normally be cut into manufacture in week 22 of 2010, therefore you're car should have these Xenons

Bixenons are optional on the GTD and he has said he has not ordered them. He is therefore asking if Bixenons can be retrofitted to a GTD without Bixenons.

The answer is that it will be probably be very difficult and very expensive.

I had assumed he had specced them but was just looking for the DRLs as you rightly say it would be a nightmare to retrofit for the auto levelling and posibly wash