A quck car choice thread for a friend

garcon magnifique

Where does it say he wants a quick car?

Yes, mine is slow, because it's only a 1.8tdci 125bhp.

But then I do use mine as a taxi, so economy is important, and 45mpg in town is not to be sniffed at, if it wasn't a taxi, I'd probably have the one with the Focus ST 5 pot turbo in it, and map it, then it would be quick(ish).

Where does it say he wants a quick car?

Ah, that'll be my sub standard grammar (and spelling I've just noticed!). In the title I meant a quick choice/thread, rather than a quick car! :uhoh:

Main problem with the Galaxy appears to be that her sister has one and I suspect the last thing he wants is for them to think they're copying! (Although I suppose getting a newer, better model would help!)

So far, to my knowledge, he's test driven a V70, an XC90 and a Merc ML and I think was most impressed with the XC. He's also considered a Toyota Landcruiser (the 3.0 diesel, not the Amazon) and I did tell him to go and look at a Disco. She now likes the Nissan Xtrail cos the neighbours have one and it's cheaper... :P

They don't need offroad ability, but I can see him preferring a 4x4 to an MPV. That said, they are likely to use it for fairly regular trips between Cheshire and Berkshire and holidays in France, so long journey comfort is a must.

For what it's worth, I've told him to get a V70 D5.

It doesn't need to be quick or particularly sporting - this is the family wagon. He has a 993 C2 modified to something like 3.8 RS spec for fun. :grin:

Edited by garcon