Climate Control/Fan Noise

audisport

Over the past few weeks I've been hearing a little noise coming from the fans for the climate control. You can only really hear it when the fans are on low and it's not very loud, but is annoying. Its a whining and sort of rattling sound. It seems to follow the revs of the engine - if I rev the noise gets louder and when the revs drop, so does the noise. If the climate control is turned off, the noise disappears.

Does anyone have any idea what this might be? If so, what needs to be fixed?

Hope someone can help me with this, as it's starting to annoy me.

Thanks

It sounds like the blasted positioner motors can remmber the designation of the one possibly V68 by the centre console/glovebox side of dash. All its doing is cycling to find its rest position moving the flaps, basically some are noisier than others.There was a software update once upon a time...not sure now, they are generally noisy but are a pain in the ass. Try basic settings first if you can but ill try and find out which one it is to be sure tomorrow for ya. I have not done one for a while as the MK5 is out of warranty now an dont really get any more complaints

As i said i would, it is the V68 positioner motor as described above. Id try a basic set of the positoner motors and monitor it, but its up to you....change it is relatively straight forward for some one that knows what they are doing, not a dash out job......let me know how you get on.

Regards Tidy +++

RIP Andy Irons............