I played Black Ops last night...

fizzbitt

I'll admit i did jump when i turned and saw you and thought feck! :P

I didnt kill you that many times although i must admit i was looking for you. :roflmao:

And as nice as the compliments are im just an average player but i was made to look good by the room full of noobs i joined. You were in 2nd or third place i think but the rest were very very bad!

If i ever see you online again and fancy some easy points i will join your room as you seem to be matched against people who are new to the game. I think you were one of very few with a positive kill/death ratio. +++

If it makes you feel better when i play FFA with people of similar stats to me i tend not to win too many and usually end up 2nd or third. :P

p.s) a tip for when your playing that particular map is to hang around the spawn points and wait for people to run past. :coffee:

Edited by fizzbitt

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually won the next game - because you'd gone.:roflmao:

I don't quite get the rank matching system. Sometimes I'll find myself in a room full of idiots and you can run riot. Other times you're matched with Prestige 10-15 players and the Huey is gunning you down or the dogs are ripping your throat out within 2 minutes!

I only ever play FFA, barring the few times we've played TDM.

My favourite, by far, is Launch. That's the game I won last night and I think I finished on something like 24-8 which I was quite pleased with. I like Jungle and WMD too, but can't get to grips with Radiation, Havana and Grid.

Nuketown is just plain stupid. Spawn, kill, dead, spawn, spawn kill, dead, spawn, kill, dead. Mayhem, utter mayhem.

Aye the matchmaking system is a bit suspect for sure. You just reminded me, i managed to get the dogs on you all in the last game! +++

Hate Nuketown with a passion for sure. You should download the annihilation map pack with Drive In, Silo, Hazard and Hanger 18 which are all very good.

Havana is one where you just run round the edge of the map with a sub machine gun as you need something quick to aim and fire with and an assault rifle is way too slow. Also with regards to nuke town try using the Spas 12 shotgun for close up action.

Different maps suit different strategies and its a case of trial and error. The best way to learn how to play different maps is to play in a few team death match games and follow where the more experienced run to at the start. Its how i got used to the maps.

Aye you did get the dogs out but did you know....none of them got me! I couldn't believe I got away with that. I went scurrying off into a corner poised waiting for the feckers to come, but didn't even see them run by!

I may well download the Annihilation pack now that you mention it cos everything is getting a bit repetitive now.

I used the Spas 12 a few times but got sick of being taken out from a distance by anyone with a machine gun or rifle.

Tell you what I don't like in Black Ops at all - the sniper rifles are crack. Too slow to react and aim. In COD3 I used to be able to rack up big scores with snipe rifles but it's nigh on impossible in Black Ops (IMO). The number of locations for snipers to hide out is vastly reduced and I think it misses that. There are the launch towers in "Launch" but they're so far away from the action and it's very difficult to hit anyone in open ground (because there isn't much!).