A5 3.0 tdi re-mapping

Darkside

Hi all,

Have been away for a while. Just got a A5 3.0 tdi and need the knowledge base of TS!

Had Revo on my A4 and left the RS4 standard, but whats the current situation with A5's?

Lots of people seem to use Superchips? Who else to look at?

Maybe thinking Stage 2 Map... Is DPF removal advised?

Audi A5 3.0TDi Quattro 2008 DPF Removal Session « Sinspeed

Is the DPF seperate to the CAT? Can you remove both? From what i've read that should give about 310bhp?

What sort of cost or other options to get to this stage? intercooler? fuel pumps? Don't want to go mad with cost, would just like to breach 300bhp...

Any advice would be must appreciated!

Hi Shark

is it best to get the DPF removed first then have a custom map to take into consideration this change?

Read that removing the DPF added 35bhp, if a map is adding 50-55 isn't this the 310?

Or are these gain figures incorporating the A5 standard running more power (250-260 over the stated 240 ) giving a more likely re-map only 20-30bhp gain?

Regards

What kind of money is your service?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Shark

is it best to get the DPF removed first then have a custom map to take into consideration this change?

Read that removing the DPF added 35bhp, if a map is adding 50-55 isn't this the 310?

Absolutely no chance that removing the DPF gains 35hp. Even with the DPF removed you'd have to find a very friendly dyno to break 300hp.

I'll drop you a PM about our DPF removal service.

Hi Ben,

i see your web page says around 270bhp for the 3.0tdi, what did you manage from roberto1954's car?

thanks mate :)

We never dyno'd roberto1954's car but I would expect 280hp on the "non-ballistic" map that we did. On the "very-ballistic" map it managed 14.7 quarter mile at GTI International :D

thanks mate so im guessing your maps will be on par with the 280-295bhp the others like aps/superchips etc offer? only asking as there was a chap on another forum asking and i said to check you out as you get great rep and he was questioning the 270bhp? :)

Kenny - I can get 295 out of your 3.0 TDI no problem - I'll just stick it on an over-optimistic dyno ;)

Figures are figures - it's how the car drives and I can just about guarantee that if you stuck a 295bhp Superchipped car alongside a Shark's 280bhp car and they'd match each other +++

I ran a Shark map on my 1.8T Passat and have been out in his Octavia vRS and a load of other cars he's mapped and they're both very driveable.