fly by wire problems

richhall

hi new to this site and hope somebody can help with my problem!!

i have a 1993 audi 80 tdi with a 1Z engine,when driving and you release the throttle to coast next time throttle is applied there is no response as if the throttle cable has snapped ,but its fly by wire!!dip the clutch engine drops to idle with a slight hiccup then away you go again till the next time throttle is released,it doesnt happen on gear changes or when stationary and if you go straight back on to throttle seems ok.it seems as if when coasting injection is stopped ( fuel economy?)but does not restart when going back to drive again unless left to go back to idle. temp makes no difference as it happens hot or cold .

On another forum found some one else had similar prob and they replaced throttle actuator unit ( hidden in the pedal box!) found a new one on ebay ,have replaced but problem still there .have seen reference to a blue/white speed sensor wire that is cut and cures some running problems,the question is where is it???

any help anyone ?? any help/advice would be greatly appreciated

Rich hall

hi new to this site and hope somebody can help with my problem!!

i have a 1993 audi 80 tdi with a 1Z engine,when driving and you release the throttle to coast next time throttle is applied there is no response as if the throttle cable has snapped ,but its fly by wire!!dip the clutch engine drops to idle with a slight hiccup then away you go again till the next time throttle is released,it doesnt happen on gear changes or when stationary and if you go straight back on to throttle seems ok.it seems as if when coasting injection is stopped ( fuel economy?)but does not restart when going back to drive again unless left to go back to idle. temp makes no difference as it happens hot or cold .

On another forum found some one else had similar prob and they replaced throttle actuator unit ( hidden in the pedal box!) found a new one on ebay ,have replaced but problem still there .have seen reference to a blue/white speed sensor wire that is cut and cures some running problems,the question is where is it???

any help anyone ?? any help/advice would be greatly appreciated

Rich hall

have seen reference to this problem on other web sites so somebody must have the answer please !!!!