Mk4 Golf airbag warning light

pingpongpo

Hi guys,

The airbag light has been on a while now in my car but as I had a service coming up I've left it so they could have a look at it at the same time.

There was a fault "Passenger airbag - high resistance sporadic - airbag and wiring ok at time of test"

Apparently they reset the light and everything was fine but as soon as I picked it up the light comes back on.

I've checked the connectors undernearh the chairs and all seems ok. Does anyone have any ideas/experience that can save me at least £100? It sounds like some sort of loose connection to me.

If it means anything when the "airbag fault" warning shows on the dash, the airbag light flashes once and then remains lit.

Cheers.

On the older stuff if it is the side air bag......ie the one on the seat, a modification of the yellow connector under the seat. Three wires all in all must be done with the proper heat shrink butt connectors.

A SAVVY indy could do this for you.....allow about an hour and a half to do both. SEATS will have to be unbolted. I i does not clear after that new side airbag will have to be installed including the wiring mod.