Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sponge

Audi fixed price servicing.

44 posts in this topic

Cheers big ears, I had my doubts about a fault code being thrown up but there you go. I look forward to receiving your text, try making it more than 1 word this time.

Stoke Audi have today quoted me (via email) £375 for their 'full kit' cambelt change. That includes cambelt, tensioners, aux belt and water pump. They'll service my air con for an extra £59 and throw in a free MOT. If I can't get Liverpool Audi to match it I'll be planning a day out at Trentham Gardens within the next few weeks.

Edited by Sponge

Thats a bloody amazing price - as Spidermack mentioins I think the Sportback last year was £500 including water pump! :o

Whilst I was in work today my wife called Liverpool and Chester Audi and they couldn't/wouldn't get anywhere near to what Stoke have quoted. Liverpool went as far to say they didn't know how Stoke could be offering that price. So it was booked in for 2 weeks time.

Summary

Cambelt, including aux belt, tensioners, water pump & coolant - £375.

Air Con - £59

Brake Fluid - £49 (Not actually due until the end of the year, but I thought I'd get it out of the way.)

MOT - free

Total - £483.

It's a lot of money, but I'm happy that it's a good price for a dealer.

Indeed. +++

I'm also going to 'VCDS' my car for faults before I give it to them.

Coil pack replacement under VAG recall/workshop notice

What is the coil pack replacement that you mention?

I have not had this flagged for my 2.0TFSI Quattro 06 plate? Should i be contacting audi and is it free or cost replacement?

All done and dusted. We had an absolutely fabulous day out at Trentham Gardens. The weather was wonderful, it felt like summer.

I'm very happy with the service we had from Stoke. At the last minute, we decided to ask the dealer if we could drop the car off Monday evening and collect the courtesy car. This would prevent the need for an early start the next day to drop our car off at 8am. This we did. I could then relax and didn't have to worry about mobilising the family, which always takes longer than expected. We had a nice meal at The Old Mill, Alsager. And then a perfectly acceptable stop over in a nearby Travel Lodge. And more importantly, no mad rush in the morning. +++

MOT passed with one advisory - rear anti-roll bar. Corroded and mounts snapped. They gave an estimate but it was nearly as much as the cambelt change, so I'll be looking into other options. A few people have suggested doing myself.

I got an A4 Avant 2.0 TDI courtesy car and I was quite impressed. A lot nicer inside and appeared to be much more room for occupants and in the boot. I liked the MMI/Satnav. But I won't be upgrading.

The only hiccup was with a non-car related issue. I was killing two birds with one stone and took my suspension forks to a bike shop in Alsager. (One of only three places in the UK to officially handle Maverick forks.) Apparently the drop-outs were recalled years ago due to metal failure. I hadn't been informed by my local bike shop and hadn't come across the news independantly, so have been riding on potentially dangerous forks. :eek:

Edited by Sponge

Just noticed Audi's prices have gone up. Just grabbed this from their website...

[h=2]Our fixed-price jobs* are:[/h]

• Major service £299
  • Interim service £149
  • Cam belt £429
  • Brake pads & discs (front and rear) £259
  • Brake pads (front and rear) £129
  • Clutch (quattro®) £899
  • Clutch (non quattro®) £749
  • Brake fluid change £59
  • Front Wiper Blades £39

VW Fixed Prices Servicing and Service Plans have also went up

Could you provide own oil and reduce the cost of servicing with their fixed prices?

Just noticed Audi's prices have gone up. Just grabbed this from their website...

Our fixed-price jobs* are:

• Major service £299
  • Interim service £149
  • Cam belt £429
  • Brake pads & discs (front and rear) £259
  • Brake pads (front and rear) £129
  • Clutch (quattro®) £899
  • Clutch (non quattro®) £749
  • Brake fluid change £59
  • Front Wiper Blades £39

Fortunately I booked the A4 in for a 'major' service / MOT last week and was quoted £269. THe work's not being done until the 31st though - I hope they honour the original quote!

Could you provide own oil and reduce the cost of servicing with their fixed prices?

I don't see why not; however looking at last year's invoice for the A4 the oil was discounted from £12/litre down to £8/litre on the fixed price service, presumably to make it fit the pricing structure, so you might not save as much as you thought +++

Peter

good luck lol

Gits! 69 days until my next service. It's due a 'Major' and a cambelt. Fear the bill! :(