World Cup 2018- Is Football coming home (it's coming home-repeat)

Calm Chris

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eventually he we get knighted- Sir and Lady Posh, then maybe one day it will be Lord and Lady Posh.

I really like the lad, but........... I have my reservations about him being knighted, it sort of seems wrong for a man who once kept his brains in his feet and has no style sense regarding body inking.

I will be the 1st to applaud his efforts, win or loose the bid.

Although I'd imagine having the Seb Coe roll regarding 2018 England does give him something to do for work, since the play days have to stop in a year or so.

But hasn't Beckham become a fantastic ambassador for the sport and the UK? And his football academy etc?

Absolutely. His role in this has been outstanding and I'll feel for him if we don't get it.

Incidentally, Radio 5 Live have just reported that the decision is delayed. Voting is still in progress and they don't know how long the delay will be.

Sounds like you're loathe to pay the guy a compliment...

I've just watched his presentation - it's very good, delivered from the heart but written for him. I'm not loathed to pay him a compliment, if this Bid wins, he and others have played a blinder over the past three days, against all odds. +++

And if the bid doesn't? Will it be down to Beckham doing a duff job?

Not at all - he's a pawn in the Bid effort game, in the Bid team for a purpose. Don't get me wrong, I'm not "anti-Beckham" at all, I just recognise that he's there for a reason. +++