Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewNiceMrMe

Who would you like to see as the next England manager?

Who should replace Capello>   20 members have voted

1. 1. Who should replace Capello>

• Stuart Pearce
    • David Beckham
    • Harry Redknapp
    • Steve Bruce
    • Sam Allardyce
    • Martin O'Neill
    • Roy Hodgson
    • Steve McClaren
    • Ian Holloway
    • Other

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

45 posts in this topic

Love to see Harry get it but i think it will be Pearce. He is in the set-up now and is working with the younguns that should be full internationals by then. I think he will tow the party line of the FA and wouldn't cost as much as others.

Pearce confirmed as being in control of the England team for the Holland game.

I do love digging up old football threads. Wonderful proof that none of us have a fecking clue what we're on about. :roflmao:

The FA have, once again, through their cowardice and incompetence, managed themselves into a farcical situation.

No manager currently attached to a club is likely to take the England job before the end of the season.

So either we'll be two weeks before the Euro Finals and we still won't have a manager or a captain, or they choose from who's available.

For the good it'll do anybody and the difference it'll make, they might as well save themselves a shedload of dosh and give Pearce the full time job now.

Eh? Poll shows 'onest 'arry as the winner, which is the bookies' favourite still. I'd say we're looking pretty good.

I was thinking about this thread last night and wondered if any of the newspapers would mention Ian Holloway. None so far :grin:

I was thinking more of Milo's comments about Pardew and your hilarious assessment of Arry. :grin:

I was thinking more of Milo's comments about Pardew and your hilarious assessment of Arry. :grin:

Hilariously accurate? :roflmao: I'm waiting for some bad form and the team to crumble...

There's no way anyone, but a Spurs fan, would have predicted a top three finish for them. And I still hold out some hop...

Oh dear, did I really say that about Pearce? :uhoh: Oh dear.

Edited by m4ttm4son

Sorry guys, humour me just for old time sake.

It won't be Pearce, not a cat in hells chance.

He was asked about it recently and said "Me, what, a rank amateur in management, I don't think so!".

I was thinking more of Milo's comments about Pardew

I loved how Pardew ruled himself out today.

In a similar fashion, I too am not interested and would like to rule myself out. I'm enjoying my current job too much and I'm really happy here. In 6 or 7 years though, I may well be ready so I'll expect the FA to call me then.

Stuart Pearce!!??

Jesus Christ!

I really feel for you guys south of the border. Pearce is a bumbling idiot whose only ever likely to be employed by the FA as he made such a hash of Man City. A guy who is trading on his reputation from his playing days.

This will not end well.

Of course Pearce has it for the Holland game. He's the assistant manager, so will obviously be caretaker manager now. Why did they need a press conference to tell us that?

Stuart Pearce!!??

Jesus Christ!

I really feel for you guys south of the border. Pearce is a bumbling idiot whose only ever likely to be employed by the FA as he made such a hash of Man City. A guy who is trading on his reputation from his playing days.

This will not end well.

He's been doing an acceptable job with the U21s. National team manager is a very different job to club manager - something the FA or the majority of fans never seem to fully appreciate.

Of course Pearce has it for the Holland game. He's the assistant manager, so will obviously be caretaker manager now. Why did they need a press conference to tell us that?

Pretty sure Franco Baldini was assistant manager. Pearce was part of the coaching team for the full squad.

I appreciate it's a different job but it's still football and it's still dealing with different complex characters.

Something Hoddle, Keegan, Sven ect have all failed to do.

Pearce is no different as he struggles to get his point over. My brother knows one of the guys in the current England team and this was his opinion too.

To be fair, he also laughed at the howler of a mistake by the keeper at the last tournament England kinda showed up for. (that may narrow it down who I'm talking about)

I bloody hate football but it is interesting to see that in both Football and Rugby the coaches don't gel with the top brass at the association/union level.

Do we think this is just limited to England sport or does it happen everywhere?

As a Spurs fan I would love Redknapp to get the job

Jamie of course, not Dad :)

I vote for putting Alastair Darling in charge. We will probbaly be sh1t, but from an outsider's point of view, that would be a definite improvement.

I vote for putting Alastair Darling in charge.

Go the whole hog, appoint Gordon Brown.

OK, so he'll bankrupt the FA and demoralise the entire team, but at least he'll keep us out of the Euro competition so we'll avoid embarrassment there.

I heard in the Pub last night that Wm Hill have taken a bet on Alec Salmond being appointed !! :D

I would opt for Cristina Fernández de Kirchner. She's not a bad looking old trout and she seems to have a real interest on things happening on these shores.