So, what do City fans think of Carlos Tevez now?

NewNiceMrMe

He's shafting your lot quicker than he shafted United.

For those that don't know:

Tevez has submitted a transfer request citing home sickness. City have rejected it. However, City have confirmed they have been in receipt of numerous wage demands from Tevez and his agent.

From the BBC:

City say that Tevez and his agent, Kia Joorabchian, have been pushing to renegotiate the player's five-year contract in recent months.

The statement continued: "Roberto Mancini and all at the club have shown, and will continue to show, sensitivity to Carlos' personal circumstances including the issue of his family being based overseas.

"Indeed following his suspension as a result of the game against Bolton, Carlos requested, and was given, special dispensation by the manager to take leave overseas.

"The written transfer request is in stark contrast to Carlos' stated position in both public and club contexts.

"Significantly, over recent months, the club has also received numerous requests from Carlos' representative to renegotiate and improve his playing contract as well as more recently a request to extend that contract by another year. "However, in line with the club's policy of not negotiating playing contracts mid-season this has not been granted. Carlos' current five-year contract has three-and-a-half years to run and he is the highest paid player at Manchester City Football Club."

Now, a few moments ago in fact, Tevez has reconfirmed his intention to leave:

From BBC:

Carlos Tevez has insisted he will leave Manchester City because his relations with "certain executives" at the club have "broken down beyond repair".

The man, and his agent, are in the gutter when it comes to loyalty, be it to a club or fans.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, more news has broken tonight.

Rodney Marsh was interviewed on radio earlier and said an 'excellent source at the club' had just told him that Carlos Tevez was the highest paid footballer in Europe, earning £286,000 a week - tax free. I don't know how the tax-free bit works, but if that is right, or even remotely right at that salary - maybe we should club together for the poor fella to buy a flight home?

He can probably afford a bloody good accountant for a start. I don't know is Marsh's statement on the tax free element is correct, but there are numerous other sources now confirming that the salary is £286k per week.

it would appear all his 'friends' have had enough and are spilling a few beans.

If I'd heard £175k, I'd have not been surprised at such a huge amount being paid by a club that clearly have the money. However, £286k? No wonder United didn't stand a hope in hell of keeping him (but of course Carlos reckons it was nowt to do with money....).

Rooney has just been out-greeded!

Back to Tevez. If you are that home sick, why sign to play for City for 5 yrs? He might be part of the reason City aren't playing well - the team are in turmoil over it all.

OR

They've seen Rooney do it, so now the agent and Tevez want to play the same game.

City need to let him go if that is the case.

Could be that Dave, very possibly.

I find it incredibly odd that he is saying he has no problem with Mancini and that he is grateful for the support from the Chairman (Mansour) - but that he wanted to leave in the Summer (a la Rooney) and they persuaded him to stay. Just what price loyalty? He could move his whole sodding village out here for what he earns - or pay a bloody Spaceflight back home twice a week once Virgin Galactic get going!!!!

I don't trust a word the man says, and wouldn't trust half a word spoken by his agent.

As a City fan I will be interested to see if he does go back to Argentina, or moves away to another country.

What you have to remember is that his wife couldn't settle in Manchester so moved back home. Since he has been at City he has had a baby and the baby is on the other side of the world with Tevez wife. I will not be too p155ed with him if he does move to an Argentine club or even a Spanish club (as that would be easier for his wife and child to adapt to).

As he is on such a massive wage I dont feel that this is another Rooney situation and no club would be able to offer more, as a result i think his reason is genuine.

I know i wouldn't want to be on the other side of the world from my 10 month old little girl and I know the quick response will be "I would for that amount of money" but remember the man is rich anyway and even playing for Boca Juniors he will have have a great lifestyle for the rest of his days.

Considering he wanted to leave in the summer, has been a top pro in giving 100% this season in every game and not even the the biggest Man Utd fan could deny that.

Utd fans would love this to be talked about in the same light as Rooney but it is a whole different kettle of chips. Rooney is a greedy, selfish poor excuse for a human being (Utd fans would have agreed with this a month ago but the prawn sandwhich glory supporters are so fickle that he is now god to them again and they have swept the whole thing under the rug).

A fantastic footballer that seems to give 115% in every game he plays. I've really rated Tevez since his move to West Ham and wouldn't have been unhappy if he'd come to Arsenal instead of Man City. What a shame his personal life can't be sorted. In some ways it's actually nice to hear about a footballer that misses his wife and child(ren) in another country rather than just visiting the local brothel/ other players' houses +++

It will be interesting to see if he goes back to Argentina and whether he regrets leaving the limelight of top level football for a nice home life. If, of course this is really the case. I can't imagine it's a money issue, surely, although I can imagine there are a lot of characters in that dressing room. Must be like a room full of attention seeking children in there.

Argentina must be a lovely place if she doesn't want to come live in his giant mansion with whatever she wants on tap.

A fantastic footballer that seems to give 115% in every game he plays. I've really rated Tevez since his move to West Ham and wouldn't have been unhappy if he'd come to Arsenal instead of Man City. What a shame his personal life can't be sorted. In some ways it's actually nice to hear about a footballer that misses his wife and child(ren) in another country rather than just visiting the local brothel/ other players' houses +++

It will be interesting to see if he goes back to Argentina and whether he regrets leaving the limelight of top level football for a nice home life. If, of course this is really the case. I can't imagine it's a money issue, surely, although I can imagine there are a lot of characters in that dressing room. Must be like a room full of attention seeking children in there.

Argentina must be a lovely place if she doesn't want to come live in his giant mansion with whatever she wants on tap.

100% agree with you and i was just about to edit my post. We are so quick to jump on the backs (and rightly so) of todays footballers. This shows what a good bloke Tevez is and is not just a hired gun only motivated by money and grannys.

Of course the news is all over it, thats their job. Most football fans would applaud him doing this for the reasons he is doing it.

UTD fans just want to stir up trouble because they hate anyone that chooses another club over them, or maybe they feel the same way as their hero Wazza and think family should come second to money.

MrMe I know you are a UTD fan and hate Tevez but i also know from reading your posts over the years that like me you chidren and family are more important to you than anything and there is no limits to what you would do to make them happy. Would you be big enough to put aside your hate for City and Tevez to understand him as a person and father.

100% agree with you and i was just about to edit my post. We are so quick to jump on the backs (and rightly so) of todays footballers. This shows what a good bloke Tevez is and is not just a hired gun only motivated by money and grannys.

Of course the news is all over it, thats their job. Most football fans would applaud him doing this for the reasons he is doing it.

UTD fans just want to stir up trouble because they hate anyone that chooses another club over them, or maybe they feel the same way as their hero Wazza and think family should come second to money.

MrMe I know you are a UTD fan and hate Tevez but i also know from reading your posts over the years that like me you chidren and family are more important to you than anything and there is no limits to what you would do to make them happy. Would you be big enough to put aside your hate for City and Tevez to understand him as a person and father.

But he's asked for more money to extend a contract, not got it, then said he wants out.

How is that about wanting to see his family?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But he's asked for more money to extend a contract, not got it, then said he wants out.

How is that about wanting to see his family?

He has wanted to leave since the end of last season, he does not want to even talk about a new contract. The media are trying to make this into "Rooney 2" but its not.

He has wanted to leave since the end of last season, he does not want to even talk about a new contract. The media are trying to make this into "Rooney 2" but its not.

MCFC have released a statement saying his agent wanted to renegotiate an extension but they don't do that mid season.

To be honest, as a gooner I hope he goes.

Mrs in argentina, millions in the bank, a pro at the worlds biggest sport, what is wrong with the guy, it sounds perfect.

MCFC have released a statement saying his agent wanted to renegotiate an extension but they don't do that mid season.

To be honest, as a gooner I hope he goes.

Mrs in argentina, millions in the bank, a pro at the worlds biggest sport, what is wrong with the guy, it sounds perfect.

And UTD sent out a press release saying Rooney wanted to leave because of footballing reasons. 2 days later he is sat on a new massive contract. In the past clubs wouls keep quiet but now they feel they have to get in quick to put "Their side of the story" in.

The man wants to leave and has said why, there is no reason for the club to issue a statement. Let him go or dont, but ffs dont turn it into a public slanging match.

Family in one country and you in another maybe what you would like but after a while most of us would miss our loved ones.

If Tevez goes home to Argentina and stays there, i.e. doesn't turn up back in europe on some mega bucks contract next season, then I may be persuaded that his "homesickness" is genuine.

In the meantime I can't believe the gullibility of some City fans, desperately holding on to some quaint ridiculous idea that Tevez loves them as much as they love him and he only wants' to go home to his family.

One aspect where I have some minor sympathy with Tevez is in his statement that his relationship with "certain executives has completely broken down". It doesn't take too much digging to discover that one of those is Garry C®ook. I've said it before and stand by it now - when the Eastlands circus comes tumbling down (and it will, sooner or later) you'll find Garry C®ook in the middle of the rubble, trying to wash the blood off his hands.

Sorry, but City fans in this thread are ignoring the facts - blatantly.

He HAS asked for more money. Just as he did at United and denied it. He is a lying little toerag and you've been had. United fans saw it, but I'm astonished City fans cannot. Your club is telling you that - what more do you want to hear?

I agree completely with Garcon above. You're in cloud cuckoo land if you're buying his statements.

The man is disloyal and couldn't care less about you or the club - accept it.

Man City have come out and said they have offered him a better contract but he does not wish to discuss terms. He left UTD because he was sat on the bench all year and when Fergie still could have signed him he didn't call Tevez, UTD believed playing hard ball and waiting would drive Tevez owner to lower his demands. It didn't work because City came in and were prepared to offer the asking price. It didn't get as far as Tevez having 2 contracts to consider and opting for City because of more money, UTD simply didn't make an offer on time at the price agreed at the start of the loan. Im afraid its just another example of UTD thinking they are bigger than everyone else and they can do what they want.

Nope, I'm afraid it's just the noisy neighbours believing their own hype!

Quite how you read into what I have said as United thinking they're bigger than anyone else is beyond me.

I say it as it is. Rooney was a tosser. Ronaldo was a genius, but a tosspot.

You, on the other hand, speak in rhyme and lavish plaudits on anyone in a sky blue shirt!

Anyway, I don't recall you replying to the last Man Utd - Man City thread in which you said you knew what'd be happening when we played you and how Tevez would score? Conveniently forget to come back to that one did you? :roflmao::grin: