I'm a wannabe TDI owner. Plz advise. :)

krazyhorse

hi!

I wanna get a golf TDI. But I'm on a budget, so cannot really afford a TDI130 or 150BHP. I'm very interested in a TDI 110 or 115BHP. I've checked the specs for a TDI130 and the 0-60mph is virtually the same as a 110 or 115BHP TDI. Why is this? Could anyone tell me what's better, a TDI 110 or 115BHP? 123576-assfeck.gif Thanks for your advice, man, i'm so cluless!

blush.gif

Also, are the features the same? i.e. do they both have a/c, sports seats etc. thanks!!!

I think the 115 is a PD, not a TDI, so in theory it has better economy, possibly the variable servicing, and might be in a different tax band (although i could be completely wrong)

PS....theres a diesel forum for this sort of question sekret.gif, i know its hard to admit, but your one of us now beerchug.gif

Hello Krazyhorse, I would agree with Fatcat go for the 115, have a good look around though, you will be surprised what you can get for your money. I've got a friend that buys motors at the auction (I know that sounds dodgy!),but he gets some of the Golf TDI's cheap and theres nothing wrong with them, saves thousands but there are risks, it mainly comes down to peace of mind. What sort of budget do you have? beerchug.gif

You can get some crackers at the auction for around 8 grand, my friend just bought a immaculate silver 02 plate Golf GTI (1.8 turbo) for less than that, there are always bargains to be had!! Last time I went, there were a selection of good condition TDI including 130 tdi that sold for cheap prices!!

Good luck buying the_finger.gifbeerchug.gif