Android 2.2

Milo

Currently software updates are done through a PC with the Samsung "Kies" software installed. You can update to 2.2 through that.

Now I'm running 2.2.1 there is an "over the air" facility, but as I'm running a leaked ROM with patches for speeding up the kernel and filesystem there are no updates online available.

I would suggest looking at the XDA developers website I9000 section if you want a blistering fast Galaxy.

I just plug my iPhone in occasionally and I get new toys. It's all quite simple in the non-Droid world.:grin:

'Plug it in'....that's so last century..... what's wrong with the phone telling you its got an update and then downloading it over the air- 3g or wifi.

It's just how you think it ought to be in the non-iPhone world :grin:

Edit : Think I was by the pool in the south of France in August when I got my 2.2 update. Now that's service! (note : neither Google nor htc provided the pool. Sadly the cost was mine)

Updated my Galaxy S last night and found that it no longer liked my bluetooth in the car (Bury system 8), it connects fine but drops the connection after a few minutes, hitting the autoconnect icon on the handsfree connects it up again straight away. I can't find a bluetooth power setting in the menus (that was what my old windows phone did if power saving wasn't switched off), anyone else had BT problems??

'Plug it in'....that's so last century..... what's wrong with the phone telling you its got an update and then downloading it over the air- 3g or wifi.

It's just how you think it ought to be in the non-iPhone world :grin:

Edit : Think I was by the pool in the south of France in August when I got my 2.2 update. Now that's service! (note : neither Google nor htc provided the pool. Sadly the cost was mine)

Yep, my HTC Desire has just told me an update is available so will download over the air when battery is charged. What a ball ache these other phones sound to update.