Apache Helicopter!

eldavo69

There was one at Durham Tees Valley in November.

As Andrew says it is probably en route to Spadeadam because it's still the only range in the UK that can offer Electronic Warfare Tactics training and AH-64's are quite common over there. The terrain and remote nature of Spadeadam mean it isn't disimilar to the layout of small villages in Afghanistan.

The bigger pods on the side would be the rocket pods. I suspect it would've had the missile launchers fitted, but without the missiles themselves (or possibly with drill missiles).

Spadeadam is probably the best guess, although while they routinely follow roads & railways for navigation I'm not sure where they'd be flying from to be going over Team Valley...

That got me thinking...

I don't think it had come from Newcastle. That wouldn't make any sense because of where Newcastle airport is.

I reckon it had probably come from Durham Tees Valley (bearing in mind they were there only a short while ago), followed the A1 directly up to Newcastle and then across to Spadeadam. It's certainly a long route when it could have gone directly across to Barnard Castle and then over miles of unused land, but I guess we'll never know unless someone tells us they'd arranged for one to get rid of Mike Ashley as Eldavo suggests.:roflmao:

Or maybe it was just a big crow Dave? :roflmao:

We have them over our way alot, Suffolk... Heard a helicopter noise the other month and thought what is that Police Euro-copter doing (Police and Apaches helicopters are based at RAF Wattisham) looked out side and the Apache was doing what can only be described as loop the loops!! Awesome and sounded like thunder.

Book Apache by Ed Macey is a very good read! More so when you realise that our version of this gunship are better built with different options.

• 2 months later...

Apparently...

The pilots are bikers and the Army has worked in conjunction with the event organisers (Focused Events) to raise money for Help for Heroes in the past.

So the bikers and Army said they'd be pleased to put on a little show for biking enthusiasts that had been good supporters of the cause in the past, and then land so that bikers could get a closer view for a couple of hours.

• 2 weeks later...