Could this really happen?????

Argus

A few months ago had to have a new run flat tyre due to a nail in side wall they are 19" wheels so very expensive too,after fitting it had a leak the tyre fitter said cause of the very stiff walls it was quite common,he rebroke the seal and applied some tyre seal to the rim,everything was perfect for over a month till we hit that very cold spell a few weeks ago,due to sickness I did not use the car for almost 3 weeks,when I did the same tyre was very low pressure all the others where fine.I pumped it up to correct pressure some 3 weeks ago checked every day and its perfect,could the cold weather we had have had any effect on the alloy wheel/tyre causing this problem as its now perfect...cheers guys for what is a strange question I know...sorry

Edited by Argus

I think his advice is potentially very dangerous. They do pick up nails very easily (mine were 19" 275's and I had 3 tyres in the space of a year) mind. However, "resealing" sounds a bit dodgy to me and I don't understand the loss of pressure suddenly - unless someone let the tyre down without you knowing?